How do you get your LO down for naps/night?

Tiff

LIKE A BOSS
Reaction score
Do you put them in the crib? Do you wait for them to fall asleep on you? Soother and then bed?

We have a little 'routine' with Claire, we'll put her in her sleepsack and then rock with her or walk (getting harder to walk with her though, she's heavy!) and she'll fall asleep that way, then we transfer her to her crib.

At what point do we stop rocking/walking with her? I know that you're not supposed to do it later on, but I was told you can't 'spoil' a baby under the age of 6 months? Curious how you get your LOs down for sleeptime.

:)

At Claire's age I was either BFing Alasdair to sleep or rocking him to sleep. When he got to just over 6 months I tried putting him in his cot. He has a dummy and a comfort blanket. It was really easy for us, and he takes himself right off to sleep at night and for naps now. He didn't really cry much or anything. I feel like because I waited until he was old enough to get himself off to sleep, it was easier for all of us.

I usually cuddle her until she's either asleep or halfway there then put her down in the cot.

The only time she goes back to sleep by herself is when she gets into bed with me after her breakfast at about 7.30am

We used to have to swaddle her and pat her back on my chest for ages.

Now we feed her solids for dinner, daddy plays with her a bit, then we give her a bath (then dry her and put sleepsuit on) then we read a story and put her in her crib with her sippy cup, she'll fall asleep on her own once she's done with her sippy cup. She knows the routine and she knows she's tired so she just goes to sleep when it's time. It wasn't always so easy though, I think part of it is their age, they are so much more active at Kathryn's age so I think the get tired out more? And I guess they are better at soothing themselves to sleep to, like a practice makes perfect kind of thing maybe?

For naps in the day, generally all I have to do is put a fleecy blanket on Harry's face and around his head, put his dummy in and he's away with the fairies in no time.

In the evening I take him upstairs away from noises, tv, light etc and do pretty much the same but with his bottle. If he doesn't go to sleep, but is calm, we will just put him in his cot and leave him and he often settles himself and goes to sleep. Sometimes he needs a bit more convincing though!

We do various things. For a couple of weeks we do daytime naps in the cot (mostly). Sometimes we need to pat his back or stroke his head and often we need to hold on to his hands as he finds it really comforting. Once in a while (like this morning) he falls asleep by himself. Sometimes he's not happy to do this and I have to put him to sleep in my arms. this might be on the settee while I read or lying on the bed together (usually if I want a nap too). At night he sleeps in DH's arms. I don't believe he'd sleep more than an hour if we tried him in his cot. He also sleeps when he is in the carrier and the pram but some or all of the time but always wakes as soon as we stop moving. does that help?! lol

I just take her up in the dark and she falls asleep herself:)

We do various things. For a couple of weeks we do daytime naps in the cot (mostly). Sometimes we need to pat his back or stroke his head and often we need to hold on to his hands as he finds it really comforting. Once in a while (like this morning) he falls asleep by himself. Sometimes he's not happy to do this and I have to put him to sleep in my arms. this might be on the settee while I read or lying on the bed together (usually if I want a nap too). At night he sleeps in DH's arms. I don't believe he'd sleep more than an hour if we tried him in his cot. He also sleeps when he is in the carrier and the pram but some or all of the time but always wakes as soon as we stop moving. does that help?! lol

We have to do that with Claire at times too. She doesn't like having her arms swaddled, but finds it super comforting if we're holding her to restrain her arms from moving. :)

Hannah was held for all of her naps until 3.5 months (the entire nap!) Than we started holding her in our arms until she was sleepy and than put her in her crib up until about a month ago, now we put her in her crib with her paci and blanket and tell her it's time to go to sleep and walk away (works about 50% of the time without us having to go back in, sometimes she throws her paci overboard though and we have to go retrieve it and if she ever gets overly tired we have to pat her bottom until she goes to sleep)

Ellie will sometimes fall asleep in her cot on her own but not all the time - I was told by hv that it is ok till 6 months then you should think about doing it all the time and making it stick!!

during the day for naps alfie will sleep any where, on me, in his play pen, in the rocker, car seat, just wherever he id when he is sleepy really.

Night time we have a routine 7:00pm bath (then a massage every other day) 7 oz bottle only one all day as he is BF in his room away from all the noise put down awake in his cot kiss & good night from mummy dummy in and left to go off to sleep on his own.

Charlie has a bottle in his room with his music box on and is usually half asleep by the time he has finished. I then put him in his cot and he goes to sleep. x

I put her down awake with her dummy and mobile on and she falls asleep by herself.

It varies, she will generally sleep in her cot but during the day she will have a tendancy to fall asleep or get real tired on the breast so i'll just put her down after her feed.

I put her down awake with her dummy and mobile on and she falls asleep by herself.

:shock: Wow!

I wish I could do that with Claire! She's lazy and refuses to actually suck on the soother with enough force to keep it in her mouth. The only time she'll do it is if she's super tired, but it's murder trying to get her there.

I just take her up in the dark and she falls asleep herself:)

Yeah... seriously jealous over here, ladies! :rofl:

I have to pop her dummy back in a couple of times and she wouldnt do it without her fisher price mobile.

I have to pop her dummy back in a couple of times and she wouldnt do it without her fisher price mobile.

Hmmm... I suppose I'm too late in the game to get a mobile? Everyone in my family keeps telling me not to get one as I'd have to take it down once she starts being able to pull herself up (which apparently shouldn't be long now).

Either way, great job with Meadow!

Since I stopped bf at six weeks Kaysie hasnt liked to be touched as she goes to sleep, so down in her cot and she will just go to sleep.

Since I stopped bf at six weeks Kaysie hasnt liked to be touched as she goes to sleep, so down in her cot and she will just go to sleep.

That's awesome!

Yea, kinda. At eleven months old she hardly sits still for a second and so a nice cuddle whilst she was drifting off would be great. Us mum's are never happy eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->