How do you get your LO down for naps/night?

Yea, kinda. At eleven months old she hardly sits still for a second and so a nice cuddle whilst she was drifting off would be great. Us mum's are never happy eh?

Isn't that the truth! :rofl:

Gosh I hope I get lucky like some of you!
I complain now, even though I know he's only 3 weeks old and no where near being in a schedule.
But I doubt I'll be lucky enough to just put him in his crib and have him pass out! BAH!

OMG Elyse is a real challenge sometimes..

Just now I:
- gave her 2.5oz of a bottle (little bugger took a huge poop after that)
- changed her diaper
- walked around jiggling her
- swaddled her
- walked around some more
- now she's sitting in the bouncy chair, usually she goes to sleep but her eyes are peeking open.. and she's yawning so she's not asleep. Arggg.

... other tricks I use: pacifier, Ocean Wonders Aquarium, mellow/soft music, cuddles, rocking in the glider, singing. What works one day doesn't work the next with her. DIVAAAA!!

maddi also has her last bottle right before bed, and we've had the same routine since she was 6weeks, sometimes she falls asleep with it, sometimes she doesn't, but i pop her dummy in (and when she was younger put her mobile on) give her a comforter (i.e. a little blanket/muslin) and she goes to sleep on her own x

For naps and nighttime, from 3 months she has gone down wide awake in her cot and will chat for a few minutes to her teddy, then fall asleep.

at bedtime i give her abottle which she usually falls asleep with, if not i put her in her cot very sleepy with her dummy/paci and she goes to sleep.
throughout the day for naps though i just lay her down on the settee with a blanket and her dummy/paci and she goes on her own, she may spit the dummy so i have to put it back in but she goes off by herself

Lou
xxx

We have got a little routine that we will bath Liam at about 8pm that takes about 1/2 hour after he's had his little play in there, then we get him out into his sleepsuit back down stairs give him his bottle and he usually falls alsleep in our arms around 9/9.30 and get's put into his moses until about 2/3am when he wakes then he get his nappy changed has a bottle and goes back to sleep (usually) then put into his moses then wakes about 7ish again has nappy changed bottle and then get's put into our bed where he either just sits there propped up or goes off for another hour until OH get's up.

For naps in the day I can't put her straight down awake because it's too light and she gets distracted so I get her to sleep on me (after much fighting!) and then put her in her cot. At night unless she has fallen asleep on me first, she usually gets put into her cot and left to get herself to sleep x

I have another question for those who put their LOs down wide awake in the crib and they fall asleep. Was that just by accident that you figured out they'd do it, or did you experiment and see if they'd go to sleep on their own?

I just rocked Claire, but she woke up while I was putting her in her crib. I know she's tired, and tried to give her the soother (which she took, but wouldn't keep in her mouth) and now I can see her on the video monitor sucking on her hands and chatting to herself, but she doesn't look like she's going to go down.

She's not fussing either... should I just leave her and see if she'll fall asleep on her own? I have a lullabye CD playing in her room to drown out background noises.

yes I'd leave her and see what happens, with Hannah it was more of a we got frustrated one day and left her in there for a bit and she went down on her own :blush:

I keep watching her through the video monitor, so far so good... if my stupid upstairs neighbours would STOP STOMPING AROUND EVERY FREAKING MORNING the maybe she'd actually go to sleep!

Aaaaaaaaaaargh! *^#$*&

When she has her "Cat naps" during the day, I put her on her side on the couch with my V pillow, and her comfort blanket next to her so she can feel it.

And at night, I put her in her cot, tuck the blankets round her so shes wrapped up. Put her mobile on and shut the bedroom door so it's pitch black. And off she goes.

:)

I have another question for those who put their LOs down wide awake in the crib and they fall asleep. Was that just by accident that you figured out they'd do it, or did you experiment and see if they'd go to sleep on their own?

I just rocked Claire, but she woke up while I was putting her in her crib. I know she's tired, and tried to give her the soother (which she took, but wouldn't keep in her mouth) and now I can see her on the video monitor sucking on her hands and chatting to herself, but she doesn't look like she's going to go down.

She's not fussing either... should I just leave her and see if she'll fall asleep on her own? I have a lullabye CD playing in her room to drown out background noises.

I never go into Niamh unless she's crying. :)

jacob just goes in his cot awake and takes his dummy and comfort blankets i kiss him and walk out within a min he is asleep. but this was by his choice i try to hold him to go to sleep and he hates it he likes to spread out in his cot :dohh: xxx

i put jack down awake & he just goes of to sleep , he is knackered by the time bed time comes & he has 2 naps in the day too sometimes 3 he just loves his sleep . x

During the day I put her on my chest to fall sleep and then move ino her crib... but at night we have a little bedtime routine and and she goes down pretty easily (though quite late), I just rock her a bit and cuddle and lay her in the crib.

I have always put Savannah to bed awake. I would give her a feed, swaddle her then put her down. Nowadays i'll feed her, and put her to bed.

Jasmine has a night routine we've been doing for months... She has her dinner... then a bath aroun 6... bettween 6:30--7:00 she has her bedtime bottle and cuddle... then I usuaully put her up in bed awake or asleep after about half an hour of cuddles...

Naps in the day are harder... she doesnt like them and usually needs to be cuddled. But then you can put her in her swing and she will sleep ok.

oh ya, I agree with Nic, I dont go in to Jasmine unless she is actually crying... Sometimees she will wimper once, but then goes right to sleep... If she is crying I usually turn on her aquarium and that distracts her and she goes to sleep...

The odd, very rare night I will have to pick her up and she is fussy... but it doesnt happen alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->