How do you go about freezing?

I read somewhere to freeze smaller portions of milk so that your hard work isn't wasted if baby decides he only wants an oz of milk so I store 2 ozs of breastmilk at a time. Right now I'm using storage bottles (mainly because they're 2 oz bottles that were given to me for free) but I will be going to bags (Lansinoh brand, same as my pump) now that I've filled all my bottles.

I pump first thing in the morning on the breast that DS doesn't nurse on. I usually get around 1 oz so I store that in the fridge. Then the next day I do the same thing and will store that 1 oz in the fridge. Once the milk has been in the fridge for a few hours and is the same temperature I empty both bottles into my storage bottle/bag, date it, and then put it in the freezer.

I've never really expressed much as LO is always with me, but I do like to have a few ounces in the freezer just in case there's an emergency. I'm not great at expressing so I don't want to waste any, so I've frozen no more than 2oz in a bag. OH could always defrost more if needed, but I'd worry about wasting it if I'd put more in each bag.

If I did express more, I would love to use this idea for storing the bags tidily - https://greenlitebites.com/2011/06/02/breast-milk-storage/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->