How do you have your steak cooked?

I didn't realize there was such a thing as a "blue" steak, I thought rare was as raw as you could go! Learn something every day :haha:

It depends on the cut of meat for me. With something like a filet mignon, I would have it blue. Most other cuts, I ask for rare.
I also find that many steakhouses overcook the meat, so asking for rare often means it's more med/rare.

I didn't realize there was such a thing as a "blue" steak, I thought rare was as raw as you could go! Learn something every day :haha:

My ex ate it raw but normaly only when he was drunk :)

Rare for me. What exactly is blue steak?

Mine has to a fillet steak and medium/rare. Hubby likes his medium/well-done.

Basically raw steak. It's cooked quickly for something stupid like 30 seconds on each side to ensure the bacteria is killed and then people eat it. My cousins both eat it like that, the thought makes me want to vomit. Lol.

It pretty only been scared by the grill, very lightly warmed.
The outside is very lightly done and the inside is pretty raw.
Bacteria can only live on the outside it cant penetrate inside because its a solide meat unlike with ground beef like burgers

Well done for me, no blood or pink I cant stand that pool of blood on the plate it makes me feel sick x

medium rare, i used to eat mine rare but it makes me a little queasy now.

Medium Well - made the way Heston does it now!

I always order mine medium rare. What usually turns up is more generally between rare and medium.

One when I was pregnant and it was my birthday we went out to a steakhouse for a treat, I order a fillet meddium well and OH Sirlion medium well, what turned up was mine rare and his well done. It took 3 attemps before we got something vaguly passible for the way we ordered it. Needless to say we have never been back again.

I always order mine medium rare. What usually turns up is more generally between rare and medium.

but thats what medium rare is, between rare and medium or have I missed somthing here ?:)

OH's step dad has it blue... makes me heave!

His nan is from Belgium and eats raw mince in a sandwich... its called a blood sandwich!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->