How do you keep on top of things??

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
So I've been off work a little while now although working from home here and there for cover!

Anyway, since I'm at home I've started doing most the cleaning, cooking, shopping etc. It seems I tidy up and as soon as I turn around Noah's pulled drawers open, got papers out, rummiging through the junk drawer in the kitchen, etc etc. I just can't keep up, I running in circles, getting more stressed than when I was at work!!!

I felt really mean today cos I strapped him in his buggie in front of the telly while I went up and cleaned the bathroom and then popped him in his cot upstairs with pingu (horrrayyy for Pingu) while I made the beds & put the washing away!! I just couldn't have got it done if he was running about throwing things down the stairs and trying to do choo choo down the stairs!!!:dohh:

I would wait til he's gone to bed but I like that time for me to relax and eat chocolate :shrug:

What do you do to keep on top of things with your LO about?

well i'm not sure how i'll get on when maddi's noah's ages and walking around, but now we don't get on too badly, most days i manage to do a couple of wash loads, a couple of rooms, hoovering damp dusting, floors on my hands and knees and always the kitchen. i try to do some everyday, put on a delayed start wash so its done when i get up, and maddi plays/sits with me and we chat and sing whilst i'm cleaning. we normally do this is the morning, have lunch and then go out in afternoon or chill :) x

well i'm not sure how i'll get on when maddi's noah's ages and walking around, but now we don't get on too badly, most days i manage to do a couple of wash loads, a couple of rooms, hoovering damp dusting, floors on my hands and knees and always the kitchen. i try to do some everyday, put on a delayed start wash so its done when i get up, and maddi plays/sits with me and we chat and sing whilst i'm cleaning. we normally do this is the morning, have lunch and then go out in afternoon or chill :) x

You just wait til she starts walking and putting the wash on for you - with the sky reamote in the drum instead of clothes!!!:dohh:

Before Noah was mobile I was ok, they just turn in to little whirlwinds and come from all directions - Its like 'ahhhh, no', 'stop it', 'yuck, get your hands out the bin!', 'No, don't play with the oven!' Although one things for sure - whilst constantly lifting things outta his reach I'm helping to tone my bingo wings!!! :blush:

i dont keep on top of it at all...sometimes i think colin wonders what i actually do during the day!

i usually clean up first thing whilst rhys is eating breakfast, then i do the dishes after lunch and then i do a big clean at 4pm so its half decent for when colin comes home from work at 5, during the day i do laundry whenever the cycles finish.

im lucky if i make it upstairs to clean the bedrooms

I've got a wee rota, I clean one room a day and then tidy during naps and when she goes to bed. I don't bother with the mess during the day, coz she'd just make it again right after.

i dont keep on top of it all either. I'd need a about 8 pairs of hands and 6 sets of eyes!!

upstairs is a complete mess, i'll tidy the kids room and when i turn around callum has pulled all the dvds of the shelves. nicole comes in from school and its like a mini hurricane has hit the house!

I feel like I cant keep on top of it either. Especially now that all Erica wants to do is move I have to constantly keep my eyes on her. I've been saying I'm going to clean the bathroom and vacuum for days now, and DH and I have been really busy, he has been working, so finally I asked my brother to come over this evening and just play with Erica while I get some things done. He likes playing with her, and I got some stuff done, so it was a win win. Oh, also, I must confess.. I rarely have to do our laundry.. :blush: I do it when we start to get a lot, but usually we drop 2 loads off at MIL's or at my moms, and they do it for us. We live in an apartment, and dont have private washers and dryers, so its really a pain to cart everything to our laundry room, especially if I'm alone with Erica cause I cant carry her, the laundry, and soap and softener.. I'm really lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->