how do you know when it's time?

momof2babies

Reaction score
I feel crazy asking this question since I already have 2 kids, but how do you know when its time? with ds the contractions came strong and hard. by the time they were 3 minutes apart I was pretty much blinded with pain. With dd she was very early so nothing happened like a regular labor just some light cramps and out popped a baby. I've had contractions for about 6 hours now, they started out every 30 min. Now they're every 3 min and have been for an hour now but I can still walk and talk through them.

I live 45 minutes from the hospital so I don't want to go too soon but im only 36 weeks so don't want to wait too long either and water hasn't broken yet.

If the contractions have not stopped and seem to be getting closer together, which it sounds like they have been, given your history, I would probably go get checked out just to be safe or maybe wait until they are 3 min apart for about 2 hours, take a warm bath etc. and if they continue then go get looked at.

I would ring the hospital and ask them if they think you should go in. With being that far from the hospital I would probably go in just in case x

I always heard that if it's before 37 weeks you should call, especially with them being regular and getting closer.

Even though I was getting contractions 5 mins apart, incredibly painful, I still didn't believe I was in labour until the MW checked me and said 6cm lol. I was an hour from the hospital, my contractions were 5 mins apart so the MW sent me straight in, just as well as I gave birth within an hour of getting there, only being in labour for 4 hours. I personally wouldn't risk that again seeing as second labours are supposed to be quicker, so for me, as soon as I got any contractions I would go straight in.

(Oh and yes I would be enroute now if I were you too!! Good luck!!!)

Thanks for the help! I got every thing in the car about to go and then they stopped so I went to bed got a nap and now they're starting all over. Right now they're coming every 10 min. Being 36 weeks they said they wouldn't stop labor but they won't help it along either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->