How do you know when your ovulating?

Gabson1979

Reaction score
Hi,
New to all this, but just wondering how I work out when I'm ovulating?

Its different for everyone, going on knowing your body a lot of people dont know when they are ovulating. This included me, however I do get ovulation pain which I thought was ibs lol as if did affect my bowels, it was only when I started using opk I realised everthing time I got a positive opk I was in pain, however I'm a firm believer in temping, so I temp as well and this confirms ovulation.

When I tried to conceive my son, I used opk's from calender day 10 onwards, I had a gradual increase which was good, so when I seen my opk get darker the baby dancing started, I did this right past the positive opk and 1st day of temp rise which confirmed ovulation, the more you practise the more you get in tune with your body too, you start to notice how you feel around ovulation. I know even without using opks and temping now but its a very good place to start as not everyone experiences pain, but you might have other symptoms that you would never have noticed before. Good luck xx

Hi, ok that makes more sense now, I keep reading different postings on sites and I'm getting different answers every time, everybody is so different. I suppose a lot of it is being in tune with your body. I'll definitely get some opk's to try though, will help to narrow it down lol. Thank you xx

Opk's are a good place to start, most people generally ovulate either on the same day of positive opk or between positive and two days later, so I would say if you see your opk get darker, start baby dancing and continue after the positive opk for about 2 days and you will have it covered lol

Can I highly recommend one book for you - it's The Inpatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant by Dr. Jean Twenge. It's pretty short and to the point and will help you figure out how you're ovulating a couple of different ways (just like PPs mentioned). I think it's a great place to start for anyone TTC who doesn't have the patience to read a 400+ page book. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->