How do you lay out presents?

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
When I was younger, as people dropped off presents in the lead up to Christmas (family friends, neighbours etc) my parents put them under the tree. Then on Christmas eve my parents sorted the presents into bundles for each person and we each got a chair of presents, which had presents from Santa along with the ones from under the tree, and ones from our parents. Then, our grandparents came over with their presents and we opened them before dinner.

We had two living rooms (a formal one where the tree and presents were, plus our normal day to day room at the back!) so it meant that after laying the presents out my parents could go into the other room and relax.

Last year Gracie was only 10 weeks but we did the chair thing for each of us, but once the presents were laid out there was nowhere for us to sit.

We normally put our gifts to others under the tree and then take them with us on Christmas day when we do the rounds.

I think I might do Santa presents for everyone in one bundle each and then have family presents under the tree. That way I can have the family presents all laid out in advance and then I just need to worry about the Santa ones.

We usually put presents under tree from other family and friends , we dont do this until christmas eve tho or the boys wud open them. Santa presents get sat out on two piles at opposite sides of the room

Currently presents for everyone outside of the house are under the tree until Christmas Eve when we bag them up and Christmas morning everything under the tree is for DD, after LO comes we might have to allocate a spot for each of them, and under the tree are gifts from family members like it was when I was a child

All our presents will go under the tree on Christmas Eve when the girls go to bed. DH will be dressing up as Santa and they will each get a gift from him on Christmas Eve. Not sure what we are doing about family gifts before the day. They usually give them before Christmas Day. As this is the first year she is really excited and gets it.

x

Meant to say. We have a open plan living and front room so when all gifts are open we will probably move them into the front room so the girls can play. x

I put out on Christmas eve (doubt 2 year old would understand not opening lol) I wrap dd and ds presents in different wrapping and then in piles. Their father Christmas gifts are in bedroom and then opened in our bed. With gifts from family usually we do visit to them and then they open there so usually is presents from us under tree

We don't have anything under the tree leading up to christmas as i don't trust the youngest not to touch them. On Christmas eve the presents from family and friends that have already been delivered are put in piles on the sofa and opened when we come into the living room. We then have their presents from Santa under the tree.

we usually put them all under the tree but this year we will keep them out of the way as James will get to them. We bring the Santa presents down on Christmas Eve once they have gone to sleep and put them in the centre of the room.

If we see family before Christmas, usualy Christmas eve, they either go under the tree. They may open one each while the gift giver if ls there. We usually see people Christmas day when they pop round or a couple days later, So opened then. The kids have all their presents together, but in groups, so ones from my aunty 1 together, aunty 2 gifts together etc. We put all the presents from us out once they are in bed. It's the last thing we do before we wrap up the door and go to bed. Mine and ohs presents are usualy in tiny piles ( if you can call them that) on the sofa.
I don't trust either kid to leave the presents under the tree. If we see people Christmas eve, they are only there a few hours before kids go bed.

My family don't give the girls and I our gifts until we see them on Christmas day, so I put our gifts to them under the tree. The girls know not to open them and so far I have never had them try, so hopefully this year will be the same. I put them under at the beginning of December or whenever I buy a new gift for someone.
Santa leaves their gifts in seperate piles on the sofas.
When family come over on Christmas day, the girls can rummage under the tree to find the gifts to give

One sack each outside their bedroom door.
Two piles downstairs (for the kids) from Father Christmas.
Mine and DH around the tree.
Stockings on fireplace unless they fall off like last year as too heavy lol!

Trying to decide whether to wrap stocking fillers, I'm thinking no this year as they got so bored unwrapping last year.

We have Santa's presents on a chair in the lounge, or hopefully this year I will have them put in the boys' bedrooms (stocking, and presents if they dont fit in stocking).

The vast majority (75%) are from me and DH, and these are all mixed up under the tree and are normally put there when the boys are in bed Xmas Eve. I dont like having separate piles, I dont think it looks right, it becomes more to do with the amount/size of the stash, less on receiving. I can just see my two throwing themselves on a pile of presents without thinking about who gave them the presents or what they are. Presents sent up by grandparents etc all get mixed in under the tree.

So Xmas morning they will have Santa presents in room, then we will all sit in the lounge after breakfast and open the presents under the tree. We hand them out one at a time, so they get to know who the present is from, and properly look at it until they get the next one. Its how we did it when I was a kid, and my favourite memory ever is my late Grandad laying under the tree trying to reach all the presents, with us all waiting to see who the massive present at the back was for:xmas16:

Everything goes under the tree apart from stocking from Santa that are left in their bedroom.

Anything we receive in about the week running up to Christmas goes straight under the tree. The boys know better than to touch them. Presents are handed out from under the tree one by one. It gives them time to think about each gift.

This may change next year as DD won't be an only child.. but we just put any presents from my parents under the tree when we are given them (usually Christmas Eve) my in laws bring theirs over Christmas morning.. she opens gifts from family friends on Christmas Eve that go to my mom's annual party so they can see her open them. We put out her santa & our presents after she goes to bed on Christmas Eve and they are flowing out from under the Xmas tree.

Growing up there were 6 of us kids at Christmas and my mom would have them in different papers and the older kids would be in piles on the floor next to a seat while the younger kids were in piles around the tree.

Stockings in bedrooms and kids presents in piles in living room. Any presents for me and hubby I'll just leave under the tree.

Any presents we get given off family/friends are put under the tree straight away, same with presents I have wrapped for family/friends, they go under the tree until we deliver them.
Santa presents are obviously put out Christmas Eve once both kids are sleeping, they have their own seperate piles each side of the patio doors. I take their stockings up when i go to bed.
They also have 2 sacks of presents when we go.to my parents, and MIL brings a sack up but she just gets them clothes, their sack is mixed and full of chaos lol.

Presents I've bought for family go under the tree when I buy/wrap them. I'll have one or two for dd that I put under the tree for her to open Christmas Eve. Santa gifts go out after she's in bed and I just put them under and around the tree as they'll be in different paper than the rest.

I put everything under the tree on christmas eve.
On christmas day we have fun selecting them and finding out who's it is

We don't put anything under the tree before Christmas Eve. I wrap things and sort them into boxes/bags labeled with who they are for. It makes it easier to stack them under the tree by name if I keep them sorted to begin with. We sort them into piles under the tree for each person, so it's easier to pass them out to each person around the room. The kids have definitely not caught onto them being sorted by name. They're way too excited about opening them up to have noticed, lol. Gifts from Santa are wrapped in different paper than all the other gifts, and we put those in the front to be opened before all the other family gifts.

I put everything under the tree on christmas eve.
On christmas day we have fun selecting them and finding out who's it is

Thats part of the fun I think, random choosing of presents. My DH gets told off though if he uses different wrapping paper for my presents as it gives it away which one are mine :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->