How do you lay out presents?

We have family presents under the tree, then presents from Santa in piles around the room. It helps them to keep track of what comes from where in all the excitement. I do the Santa piles separately as we had it that way as kids, due to my brother getting up super early one year when he was so small he couldn't yet read his name and opening everything in sight to try to find his presents!

All presents regardless from who only get out on Christmas eve once the kids are bed. Santa delivers all the presents but only the ones in the stockings are from him, the rest are from whoever sent them.

Usually we just have them all mixed up under the tree but now there are 3 kids that will be too chaotic for me so we are going to do piles this year x

Stockings go at the end of each child's bed (we say these are from Santa) plus there's a sack for each child in the living room with any that don't fit sat next to it. I use different paper for each child and say that mummy and daddy buy them and Santa delivers them ;) presents from family get given by them when they come over or we visit around xmas but not necessarily on the actual day. Presents we have to give to others and mummy and daddy's (very few lol!) go under the tree. Last year I put a playpen round it to deter crawling dd2 so may well do the same this year as chances are ds will be mobile by then.

Stockings go at the end of each child's bed (we say these are from Santa) plus there's a sack for each child in the living room with any that don't fit sat next to it. I use different paper for each child and say that mummy and daddy buy them and Santa delivers them ;) presents from family get given by them when they come over or we visit around xmas but not necessarily on the actual day. Presents we have to give to others and mummy and daddy's (very few lol!) go under the tree. Last year I put a playpen round it to deter crawling dd2 so may well do the same this year as chances are ds will be mobile by then.

We are doing the same this year to stop the pup getting to the tree :haha:

In our living room we have a two and a three seater sofa. The two seater is commonly known as Lucas's sofa, it's where he sits and it's his job to keep it tidy. So that's where all his Santa presents go. Presents for me and OH go in piles at each end of the three seater.
Any presents from friends/family if they won't be visiting on Christmas Day go under the tree and are either opened Christmas Eve or after all the other presents on Christmas Day.

Stockings go in our bedrooms and get opened in the morning before we go downstairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->