How do you make up your bottles?

We use a perfect prep machine but if we're going out then I boil the kettle first thing in the morning and pour the water into the bottles, let it cool and then add the powder at room temperature as needed.

My DD2 is on nutramigen which is prescribed for dairy allergy and my dietician (and the milk tub) say not to add the powder to warm water because there's a "good" bacteria in nutramigen that dies in warm water so only to add the powder to room temperature water.

Is that nutramigen 1? If so then its new advice even since my daughter was prescribed it as we were told to make as normal by our dietician, health visitor and the on -pack instructions. She's now on nutramigen 2 and it also just has the same method on it.

We always used the perfect prep both with standard and prescription formula. When she is qt her grandparents house they just make the bottles fresh, although with nutramigen it specifically says bottles can be made in advance!

We use a perfect prep machine but if we're going out then I boil the kettle first thing in the morning and pour the water into the bottles, let it cool and then add the powder at room temperature as needed.

My DD2 is on nutramigen which is prescribed for dairy allergy and my dietician (and the milk tub) say not to add the powder to warm water because there's a "good" bacteria in nutramigen that dies in warm water so only to add the powder to room temperature water.

Is that nutramigen 1? If so then its new advice even since my daughter was prescribed it as we were told to make as normal by our dietician, health visitor and the on -pack instructions. She's now on nutramigen 2 and it also just has the same method on it.

We always used the perfect prep both with standard and prescription formula. When she is qt her grandparents house they just make the bottles fresh, although with nutramigen it specifically says bottles can be made in advance!

That's how we were told to make it from the minute we were prescribed it. We're on stage 2 as well but I've still got a couple of 1's left, just looked at both tubs and they both say the same :shrug:

https://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn45/KayleighJayne02/IMG_3079.jpg

That's how we were told to make it from the minute we were prescribed it. We're on stage 2 as well but I've still got a couple of 1's left, just looked at both tubs and they both say the same :shrug:

https://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn45/KayleighJayne02/IMG_3079.jpg
I'm gonna check later because now you have me doubting myself. I did it with room temp water once and it didn't mix well. Even with the perfect prep it sometimes goes lumpy!

I've not had any issues doing it that way, if anything I find the nutramigen, more so the 2nd stage one thinner than normal milks.

I wouldn't worry too much tbh, if you've not had any issues with making them how you do I'd carry on. If I hadn't of been told I would have thought nothing of it

Definitely not changing now, she's being weaned onto cows milk now lol. I find nutramigen thinner also but I don't find it mixes as well. She's been on stage 3 teats since pretty young though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->