How do you pronounce Linnea?

Peachbaby4008

Reaction score
Do you pronounce is Lyn-nay-uh or Lyn-knee-uh?

DH and I like it pronounced Lyn-knee-uh but after researching the correct pronunciation is Lyn-nay-uh. Could we get away with saying it the way we like?

Or we have thought about doing a different spelling Lynia (like Lydia) but with an N.

Help!

Its "Lin -ay-ah." I grew up with a girl with that name. Very pretty, I think :)

I personally like the original pronunciation; I wouldn't change it - she might be correcting people for the rest of her life.

I think Lydia is a nice alternative though. Lena is pretty too

On seeing the name for the first time I'd say it exactly like the word 'linear'

I guess I'm the weird one, because I saw it and pronounced it as Lynn-ay. Not with the uh at the end.

You can pronounce it how you want, but she's definitely going to have to correct a lot of people, if she cares that much. Some people don't take pride in their name and allow others to call them whatever they want, so it will depend on her personality. She may even just tell people that her name is Lynn if it's too frustrating.

I would pronounce it as Lyn-knee-uh if it had one n; Linea. But that's only because that means 'in a line'.
Although when I read it, I pronounced it Lyn-knee-uh anyway :haha:

Lyn-nay-uh could be Linaia maybe? Or Lyn-knee-uh could be Linniah ?

I'd pronounce it Lyn-nay-uh.

I read it as lyn-knee-ah as in linear like others have said. You can say it how you like and change it if needs be.

My DD is called Kaiya pronounced kai-ya, but when DH first saw the name it was spelt kaya, which I would've pronounced Kay-ah but he didn't. We preferred his way of saying it and just found an alternative spelling. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->