How do you resist the urge to keep testing?

Mrs.Knight

Reaction score
I've gotten 5 positive pregnancy tests and I'm so terrified of losing this baby that I am wanting to test all the time...I'm out of pregnancy tests and I'm sitting here thinking "will I have time to go buy and take one before church in the morning?"...I'm so paranoid 😩

I took a bunch to watch the line progression, thanks to the dollar tree :) I also took 2 clearblue weeks estimator tests. I think it's normal, I think we're all afraid. I remember when I was pregnant with my son I just couldn't picture actually having a baby so I swore there was no way I actually would get there. He just turned 4 yesterday haha.

I don't think there's anything wrong with testing a lot, im sure most of us have in the begining. After I watched my progression I was satisfied and my symptoms took over and helped with the worry also. Here's how many I took (not including the digitals)
https://i60.tinypic.com/11v5vmg.jpg

I've taken approx 10 tests haha. I plan to stop when I feel 100% confident. Or as confident as I can feel!

I took about 10 ics, 2 FRER, 1 cbd weeks estimator and 1 cbd original.... An I still want to test.... The POAS urge never goes away, I think I just love seeing two lines!

I've took tons of tests have done with all my pregnancy's I finally for a control line as dark as the test line yday on one brand and had one left so did that today. I have got a clear blue on tje way to me so I'll do that when it arrives hopefully it will be 3+ then ill probably stop lol. I do want to Aww a dark line on another rest I've been taking tho so might buy one more x

I've done about 5 tests so far. 2 cheapies and 3 digitals.

Really trying to stop myself buying another digital today to hopefully see the 3+

I took three tests the first day if my missed period and despite getting an immediate dark line on all I continued to test over the next couple of days. Then I took a blue dye test that was faulty. That freaked me out...I immediately took a digi and got 2-3 but it made me realise that I was definitely pregnant and I needed to stop! Someone on here pointed out that even if the worse happened, tests would still pick up hcg and give me a positive so I then realised there was no point anymore!

I took 5 tests until the second line was as dark as the control line (first day of missed period) and I was nervous up until my period would've been a week late.. Then I stopped worrying so much because it was out of my hands..

I took 2 HPT tests- one the day before expected AF, one the day of. Then 2 blood tests- one the day of expected AF, one two weeks later. And then 2 Doctor pee tests- one 2 days after expected AF when the pregnancy was confirmed and one at my first OB appointment just over 2 weeks later. So.... 6 tests in all to confirm, and I've resisted doing more because I know it's out of my hands. But i've also had one ultrasound already @ 7 weeks and heard my bean's heartbeat @ 10 weeks. And I have another ultrasound this Thursday.

It took me 8 home tests and one pee stick at the doctor before I finally stopped. I felt satisfied after the doctor confirmed it. Also I wanted to stop because I read about the hook effect, and I knew that if my lines suddenly got faint, I would freak out.

One thing I found to help me quite a bit from worrying is to take some time every morning, I usually did this in the shower, and just put your hands on your tummy and close your eyes and repeat "Today, I am pregnant." and just focus on being pregnant today. It really helped until I saw my first ultrasound, and from then on I haven't had a worry.

I obsessively tested last time to go on and miscarry at nearly 8 weeks. If taught me that testing is meaningless. I got a BFP on 2 cheapies this time then took a FRER and havent tested since x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->