How do you work with really bad morning sickness?

Thumbelina 3

1 child of 2 years 9month
Reaction score
Hi
Im just over 7 weeks pregnant and ive had sickness, headaches, dizzyness for nearly 3 weeks. Its got so bad now that im bein sick all day at work and have had to not go in today. I teach and cant concentrate and have to keep leaving the room to be sick. How do others work when its this bad?I feel terrible all day and most of the evening.

Hey Thumbelina,

I didn't want to R&R but I personally have experienced in sickness yet (fingers crossed, still early), but I know the actor Tia Mowry (i think) said she used nausea bands, the kind they use on cruise ships for her nausea and morning sickness and she said they really worked. I'm def gonna try them if I get morning sickness

Thankyou i am going to try those. Have tried ginger etc and nothing helps. Can i ask how you were predicted a girl so early?

Hi there. I have it awfully. It started at about week 6, and im nearly 8 weeks now. Its the constant nausea that gets me the most as it stops u eating, and when i do eat it comes back up. I tried ginger biscuits, ginger tea, didnt help. Fizzy water helped a little,as does a cup of weak sweet tea.Also, iv found that milkshakes are about all i can get down, which is good as they have lots of calories, protein and calcium. When u do eat, make it high energy foods (i eat cashew nuts- doc told me they are fine). Im actually going to the doctor this afternoon though as im getting to the point where im worried im just not getting as much nutrition as i should. I really didnt want to take anything for it, but im sick on the train and in the street nearly daily- i cant keep it up!

So, unfortunately, iv found there isnt much u can do. Try not to get hungry if u can, as that def makes it worse for me, as does being thirsty.

Lets hope we're the lucky ones who dont have it after 12 weeks.

On another note,my pregnancy book says doctors find ms very reassuring, and feel that chance of mc is minimal (touchwood) in a pregnancy where there is ms as it shows hormone levels are good. Id always thought that people just said it to make u feel better while ur throwing up, but reading that did reassure me, so i try to remember that each time!

you could try those pregnancy pop drops whatever they are called... google it, they are little candies you suck on and they are supposed to take the nausea away... or ask the dr to prescribe you some nausea meds that will not have a bunch of adverse side effects... maybe ask for Zofran or something...

Hi
Im glad its not just me. I have thought about anti sickness pills but dont really want to take anything. I just cant do normal things at mo as feel sooo awful!!

those bands! they better work! Just ordered some psi bands last week. They should be here soon! Ginger tea does help but it's the after taste of everything i try to eat and drink that makes it so bad!!

i tried bands and thought they worked for a few days but then seemed to stop...but worth a try.

i am just letting you know you have my sympathy..i have never felt so ill with this pregnancy...each day is an utter struggle and i just keep telling myself i am lucky i am not working as how you manage to work is amazing...and i realy feel for you....

i know it is not best advice but my fertility nurse told me about drinking coke as a help for nausea and yes it helped..i try to have just one bottle every few days but it helps me with nausea and tiredness....maybe have a bottle at lunchtime to give u a boost for afternoon session???

thinking of u & hopes it eases for you soon

wtt-- Congrats on your pregnancy hun! :hugs:

As for m/s, I have all day nausea. Sometimes eating a small snack helps, but sometimes a snack/drink will make it worse too! It is so frustrating! I keep telling myself m/s is a GOOD thing, but I hate not being able to function!

Ive heard coke helps, but what about the caffiene?My work must be getting sooo fed up with me as had 3 weeks off in september due to ectopic so hasnt been the easiest year. just hoping this sickness is a good sign

Heya,

I've had really bad sickness since about 6 weeks ...it's now 11 weeks and today I've had to take the day off work because of a horrible headache and really bad vomiting. I've got anti nausea pills from the docs but they don't help much. - Sorry it's not really advice just wanted to let you know you're not on your own. :hugs:

You could go to the docs and see if the anti nausea pills would work for you? Just tell them how much it's interfering with your life and effecting your work they should be more than happy to prescribe you some.

...I'm just hoping it will be over soon as I get to the second trimester...fx'd!!!

Hang on in there, it will get better eventually.

Ive heard coke helps, but what about the caffiene?My work must be getting sooo fed up with me as had 3 weeks off in september due to ectopic so hasnt been the easiest year. just hoping this sickness is a good sign

Just like everything else, cafffiene is okay in moderation. Hell I drink 2 2 liters of pepsi a day when I was pregnant with my other kids and the dr said it was okay but if i was planning on breastfeeding then i would need to drink at least one can of pop a day so the baby would not go through caffiene withdrawals.

apparently you can have up to 6 glasses coke a day to take you up to your caffiene quota...i dont like the idea as i gave up coke & coffe when trying to conceive but it helps & i am am so desparate for some relief its worth it..there are loads of threads on here about girls drinking loads coke & having healthy babies...i think the decaf version is worse than the caff version from what i have read

Thumbelina,

I'm predicted a girl based on Chinese Lunear Fertility, if you click on the image it will take you to the website and you enter your age of conception and the month and it predicts. Its believed to be 70%accurate. If you go to website it will give a you a ticker too to put in your signature1

If you can't get anything natural to help, I'd try Zophran (at least if you're in the US, I'm not sure whether they prescribe it in the UK). I'm taking it as I have nausea pretty much constantly. I think it takes the edge off--it doesn't go away completely--but enough that ususally I can get through work. I still get sick (vomitting) occasionally, but more often in the evening. I tried all things ginger but without much effect, but I hadn't thought of the nausea bands before; I don't know where you'd get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->