how do you

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
keep their fingers out of their mouth? :dohh: Since Hannah started teething her fingers are always in her mouth (even though she always has toys, etc to chew on she manages to find her fingers!) Anyways two of her fingers are now red and irritated looking. So any ideas on what I can do to help them heal and keep them out of her mouth??

Caitlyn is the same. I started putting mittens on her but that just made her grumpy. Guess I could do with seeing peoples replies too!

I can't... no matter what I do, the fingers still find their way in!

looks like I'm not alone than :rofl:

Well if all else fails will talk to the pediatrician about it on Friday :)

nothing i have tried works i think if they are gonna do it they are gonna do it x

Just let her do it , Nothing can stop them , its just reaction to put in there mouth as there is pain :)

I really don't mind her sucking on her hands (though her daddy thinks it's gross) but they just look so red and painful now :(

max is doing this too lol but nothing i do makes him stop unless hes chewing on my finger lol

I don´t think there is much you can do. I tried putting mittens on Sams hands, but he just put them in his mouth as well. I sometimes have to pull his fingers out of his mouth just to get his bottle in!!!

i put in the pacci if i see his fingers are getting really red, and i also try and wipe them even if they go straight back in. i dont think there is much you can do, if she takes the pacci that will def help a lot.

Tape, nice strong tape round the middle of baby, just tape them down! :)

There isn't anything you can do. The skin on the first two fingers of both of Bren's hands is rough and chapped as well.

:rofl: Tape...don't think hubby hasn't suggested that :rofl:

I'm sure I've already mentioned that when I was a baby I sucked on my thumb so much it got infected and they wrapped it up.So I cried and cried and cried,my sister felt sorry for me and unwrapped it so I out the infected thumb back in my mouth....GROSS! :dohh:

Since she doesn't have a kind hearted sister,I'd wrap it with something if the pacifier doesn't work. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->