How do your 2 yr olds react when hurt?

Baby Bell

Reaction score
Just curious, because my DS kinda just ignores everyday injuries like bangs and minor cuts etc. il often pick him up from nursery and ask where he got a cut/bruise from, and they have not realised he was injured because he doesn't let on. He often has bruises that we have no idea where they come from because everytime he falls he just gets right back up again, no tears nothing.

He cried a lot when he fell and cut inside of his mouth and when he banged his head so hard, both were so bad he ended up in a&e. Other than that if he does cry it's usually from fright and there's no injury at all:dohh:

A month or so ago he fell on a nail and cut his knee quite deeply (I think I would've cried:haha:) he cried out for a second, then got up and only got upset because we wouldn't him go straight back to playing:haha:

Is this normal? How do your toddlers react?

I think that's normal. With Eliza it just depends on what she's doing. If we're outside at the park she usually gets right back up and just wants to keep playing. But if we're home she cries immediately and wants to cuddle.

Sophie cries about every single little injury.

"Mummy, I got an owie!" And I must kiss and rub it better.

Actually I was thinking of writing a thread on the same issue! My son will run into a wall, scrape his knee, bang his head, whatever and it never results in more than about 5 seconds of "crying" with no tears. He typically just gets annoyed if I even try to hold him still to look at an injury. He's hit his teeth a couple times and his gums or lip bled, but wouldn't let me look at it. He did cry for a few minutes the first time and I took him to the dentist after that. It's never really anything serious, but I've wondered the same thing as you because I see little toddlers get bumps, scrapes, just trip or whatever and they cry and cry and need mom to fix it. I always go to him anyway so maybe that's enough for him.

What results in tears? Taking him away from the train set at the bookstore. I think I've seen him crying with tears maybe 10 times in his life and that was one time, haha.

Emma used to (and still does) go mad if she gets even the tiniest graze. We will also have a drama at bath time as she is petrified to get her injury wet. Jack, on the other hand, has a whinge for about 10 seconds and then carries on with his business!

If it's a little bump dd will let it go, but otherwise will cry and I'll cuddle her and kiss/rub it better. Sometimes she'll ask for calpol (which I dont give for bumps, just illness/teething) or something cold (cold compress). Ironic since she'll tolerate maybe about a second of something cold being applied to whatever she's bumped!

DS2 cries if he's fighting over toys with DS1 and not winning the toy.

He cries if DS1 pushes/hits him, not because he's hurt, but to get sympathy and to get DS1 in trouble. I'm convinced of this, lol.

He rarely cries while actively playing if he happens to fall down, bump his head, etc because he's too engrossed in playing and doesn't stop to even think about it hurting.

Holly is either very brave or very dramatic and screams her head off. She doesn't seem to have an inbetween reaction!

Thanks everyone, it's interesting how they are all so different. I guess I just expected him to be a crier because I am:haha:

Anabella cries pretty easily, but also gets over it quite quickly too. We just need to rub and kiss it better, and she is back to happy. More severe incidents like when she fell off a chair and banged her head & face against the wall last week, take around 5/10 mins to go back to calm.

She does seem to cry a lot though, and quite a lot can set her off!

Anabella cries pretty easily, but also gets over it quite quickly too. We just need to rub and kiss it better, and she is back to happy. More severe incidents like when she fell off a chair and banged her head & face against the wall last week, take around 5/10 mins to go back to calm.

She does seem to cry a lot though, and quite a lot can set her off!

Mine does too, just not always about getting hurt. lol. He cries over non-crying issues, IMO.

depends on the severity, most often she just brushes herself off and goes along the way, if it was particularly sore and sudden she starts to cry for a couple of mins and than goes along the way

DS2 cries if he's fighting over toys with DS1 and not winning the toy.

He cries if DS1 pushes/hits him, not because he's hurt, but to get sympathy and to get DS1 in trouble. I'm convinced of this, lol.

He rarely cries while actively playing if he happens to fall down, bump his head, etc because he's too engrossed in playing and doesn't stop to even think about it hurting.

This is DS2 to a tee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->