How does first gp apt go?

twinkle93

very happy mummy to be
Reaction score
My first gp apt is Wednesday, I’ll be 5 weeks + 2 from lmp but sure the egg implanted late (felt late tugging, test results only positive 2 days after AF due) I’m wanting a private scan at 8 weeks exactly but as I think I implanted late I’m worried we won’t see what we should and that will cause us concern.

Anyway, how does the first gp apt go I’ve forgotten? Does the doc take bloods there and then or nurse? And then do you have to ring for results? I’ve got a friend on reception that I’d rather not Know about my pregnancy for a while. How can I get round this?

Thanks ladies

They can do blood then, but they usually opt to wait until a little later. I had mine taken last week when I was at 10 weeks. They should call you with the results. And it depends if you’re at a hospital or a private practice. With my first, my appointments were at a big hospital in the OB department so I got blood drawn at the lab down the hall. Now I’m going to a private practice and a nurse came into the room and took blood right there.

If you’re under 8 weeks they won’t do a scan, usually, because there isn’t much to see yet. I personally would wait until you’re 8 weeks for the first appointment otherwise there’s not much they’re gonna do. I mean, if you want a blood test to confirm pregnancy they can do that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->