How does it work?

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Okay so I am on SMP and get paid last working day of each month. End of this month will be my first proper (£128 per week) maternity pay. At the end of the month will I get paid for 4 weeks worth at a time or a calendar month (approx 4.3 weeks)?

xx

You get paid per calendar month...some months I get just shy of 500 and other months around 600

I have budgeted on average approx £530 per month so some months will obviously get less didnt expect to get as high as almost 600 though. Lol. I am hoping not too much tax will be taken as will have overpaid anyway I think. :D

xx

Yeah know what you mean...I budgeted on an average each month so on the months I get about 498 it cripples me financially! Sounds silly but when you're on such a tight income every penny counts!!!!

Yeah deffo!!! Is that the lowest you have got on maternity? So about £32 less than what I have budgeted. The months get more than the £530 then I will try save that towards shorter months! I imagine Feb will be a rubbish one!!! xx

just looked through bank statements...highest i've got was 600.84, lowest is 481.45
don't forget in feb and march you don't pay council tax so it makes up for lack of mat pay!!!

I only dont pay at end of feb I think. I have already budgeted this so it is eaten up. Lol. £50 less some months is a pain but not too bad as some may get 70 more.

xx

only one month? thats strange cos i understood council tax is only paid for ten months of the year :confused: hope it is two and that'll be a nice bonus for you :)

You can choose to pay over different amounts of months and start of this tax year I paid a month later at the start as money tight so end up paying a month extra on end but still over 10 mnths if that makes sense. Lol. xx

How long has SMP been around?? I really think the government need to review it & pay more!! I get paid 4 weekly so mines always the same & I get tax back aswell x

I think it depends how your normal salary is paid, as although its government funded its going via your employers hr system. So if you get paid your wages weekly or every 4 weeks you'd get the same amount each time. But if you're paid calendar monthly, so on same date every month (eg 25th etc), then the amount will go up and down slightly dependant on how long the month is. It works out exactly the same over the 33 weeks though.

I think it depends how your normal salary is paid, as although its government funded its going via your employers hr system. So if you get paid your wages weekly or every 4 weeks you'd get the same amount each time. But if you're paid calendar monthly, so on same date every month (eg 25th etc), then the amount will go up and down slightly dependant on how long the month is. It works out exactly the same over the 33 weeks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->