how does your LO fall asleep?

lollylou1

Mummy to Belle and preg
Reaction score
So Annabelle will only go to sleep on me, i havent made it this way, she used to go in her bouncer as well but now will only hall asleep on me except at bed time.
when i do finially get her to sleep in the bay she lays on a blanket in the settee but the prblem i have is she will only sleep on her tummy. in the day i dont mind this im here so i can see her the whole time.
When she goes to bed she is swaddled and goes on her back and sleeps right through.
my question is how does your LO fall asleep, can you just lay them down and they go?
can you suggest any other ways i can get her to sleep without her being on me or is she still young?

any advice would be great
Thanks in advance

Lou
xxx

I know Dec is lots older but I have never rocked him to sleep, I would just put him in his moses/cot/bouncer and he would go himself, sometimes he did cry but I held out and now he is the easiest baby ever, he goes into his cot at 8pm every night and sings himself to sleep, he is asleep most nights by 8.15pm.
I would tell you to do what you feel is best for you, if you want to train her to self soothe it is best to start earlier rather than later but if you are happy with rocking her then why not?? But if you do want to break the cycle I have known people to use CIO since 9-10 weeks old. It really does depend on what you feel happy doing. xx

at night maddi always used to like a mummy cuddle and then i bed, but we have always put her down at a certain bed time (8pm) and let her go to sleep herself, if she did fuss, we'd just go in, stroke her head and give her back her dummy and get her to settle and tbh she's really good about it. now she has her bedtime bottle and then straight to bed, and she goes off fine.

in the day i have done all different things - cuddled her to sleep and put her down. normally i just pop her in her cot and she goes off, if we're home for the day then i would do this, if we're at mums she often lays on the bed with mum or dad and they get her to sleep.

Lexie will only drop off in the daytime if she is held. However at night time she will go straight in her basket and sleep almost immediately. She also does this after her feed in the middle of the night. Reading this makes me wonder if i should swaddle her for her naps! May try this today, although cuddles in the day are the best!!! xxx

Im having this problem too but i think ive spoilt tyler so much with cuddles he soo used to falling asleep on me in the day he wont fall asleep anywhere else!!

Ive started when he does drop off on me i put him on the settee either on his side or his tummy as i guess he still feels like he being cwtched!! and it seems to work!! xxx

Annabelle is the same Princess_bump and Malpal she has a night bottle then straight into her cot, she sometimes whinges so we just go back, put her dummy in then se goes.

its just in the day im getting stressed out cos i feel like i cant put her down, i hate listening to her crying but i equally dont want her to rely on me if we go out people say i am spoiling her by holding her but its the only way she will go to sleep and i really want to break that habit.
i dont want to put her in her cot through the day as we go out alot in the days so i want her to be able to sleep in different places, i have started to think she is relying on the swaddle which is why she wants to be held cos once she is asleep i can put her down and she will stay there.
what do i do?

Lou
xxx

When Kyle was around 12 weeks at night he'd have a bath, bottle swaddled and straight down in his moses basket, then he'd go to sleep himself. During the day he'd usually fall asleep in his bouncer, or swing or if he fell asleep in my arms after a feed i'd lay him down in his pram or moses basket. I never really had this problem so dont really have any advice on how to change her habit x

Brooke was like that for a while so what i did was lay down on the sofa sideways giving her a cuddle, then just started laying next to her on the sofa and now 9 times out of 10 she will gadually drift off on her own, ive moved her into her moses basket for naps and i just put it at the side of the sofa so she can see me.

It works for us :)

Logan will often fall asleep in his swing or bouncer in the day and i then move him to his basket.

On an evening he has his bottle and a little cuddle and as he is dozing we put him down sometimes it takes a couple of trips to pop the dumy back in but he tends just to drift off !

i just put jack down in his cot & he goes off in the morning & afternoon at nap times & at night but will proberly have to put dummy in maybe twice . xxx

During the day we hold her and than put her down. By night she's usually tired enough that she goes on her own :) Though that is a recent development (we used to have to hold her day and night)

I used to rock her and swaddle her to sleep and the put her in her moses basket. Now we have a set bedtime and a bedtime routine so it's enough for her to have a cuddle, go in her cot, I wind her Ocean Wonders and turn on the rotating night light and stay with her for a few minutes.

In the day shes been abit of a nightmare if she takes a dummy its really simple i just see shes tired i can just pop her in her basket and she'll go off. Most of the time im out and about so she'll sleep in the car or the pushchair. But just recently she wont have her dummy and she wont settle with being rocked so ive had to result in leaving her which i really hate doing she wants to use me as a dummy and breastfeed her to sleep which i refuse to do. On an evening i give her her last feed and put her down in her basket and she goes out like a light. I wish she was so easy in the day.

I used to have to rock / bounce Jay to sleep for his naps and keep the motion going for him to stay sleeping :(

At 15 weeks I started putting him in his cot and slowly got him used to the idea of going to sleep on his own as I don't like to hear him full on crying (I don't mind if he whinges). It took a few weeks but now he'll sleep in the car seat / in my arms or in his cot for his naps and usually only takes a few minutes to drop off to sleep :D

xx

I put amelie over my shoulder until she's snoozing then lower her down a little so she's on my chest, then when I'm sure shes in a deep sleep I swaddle her and put her in her crib :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->