how dumb do you have to be?

I'm in the process of quitting, after watching misbehaving mums to be I felt so guilty. (I smoked while pregnant on Evie) I knew it was bad, but didn't know all the risks. My doctor told me to cut down (yes cut down, not quit.) Every midwife I saw didn't explain any of the risk, offer help etc. I do feel partly it's their fault but I know it was me that continued doing it. Now I'm determined to be smoke free for Evie and little squeak!

I do not like pregnant women smoking who have no intentions on stopping. I think it makes me so angry as when I found out I was pregnant in 2009, I was a smoker and quit cold turkey before I had a possitive hpt because i thought I was pregnant, I ended up loosing my baby. Then when I was out yesterday in town, I seen this women who had a fag in one hand and was rubbing her bump with the other without a care in the world. My step sister is also smoking in her pregnancy and iv told her to quit but she doesnt feel the need to as her mum (my step mother) smoked through all 7 of hers. (what a great role model her mum is!!, she doesnt even try and encourage her to stop smoking!). Sorry for the rant, it is just a touchy subject to me. I hate it!

PS, good luck to anyone who is in the process of quiting though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->