How early can you get round ligament pain?

rachwill

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Hope you are all enjoying your pregnancies!
I'm still ttc. I had the mirena removed 5th feb, then had a period 19th feb. So going by that I'm 2 days late but as the mirena isn't out long I'm expecting mucked up cycles for a while. However I had some ovulation signs like ewcm around cd20.
Thing is over the last few days I've been getting round ligament pain! It's unmistakable I have 2 kids and had these pains when I was pregnant with them and at no other time. Could this be an early sign? So far I've had about 15 bfns lol.
Please share your experiences if you have had round ligament pain esp if in the very early days.

I've never had this until about 8 weeks in.. and mine is more pelvic pain on one side... Sorry I can't answer you but I hope to see you back here soon!! :hugs2:

Thanks mngmakes3! I know it's prob too early, it's just that it's exactly what I had with the other 2 but didn't have it this early. Fingers crossed I'll be joining you soon!

I think it's possible, this is my 5th pregnancy (2 losses) and I've had friends who tell me they definitely have the round ligament pain early (esp with baby #3 and beyond) I know I personally feel like I've had it a few times, I think it's just because your body knows what to do and since it's already done it, we're more prone to the aches and pains earlier :)

I started getting it around 10 weeks... just after the cramping stopped :lol:

Just looked and dr Google and saw many other women esp in 2nd/3rd pregnancies + and read multiple accounts of women who were 100% positive they had it as early as 4 and 5 weeks, when I was 4 weeks, I had reached up and had a super bad round ligament pain that took my breath away!

I had round ligament pain early on in my last pregnancy with my son (possibly around 6-8weeks), and I'm already experiencing it with this pregnancy. And as you say it's unmistakable! Xxx

Sounds like there's a chance it could be an early sign! I'm just playing the waiting game to see what comes first bfp or af. Fingers crossed!
Have to admit though every time I get the round ligament pain when I get up/twist/turn the wrong way it makes me feel very optimistic!!
Thanks for all your replies :)

Yes, I did. I took an early test which was negative and had unmistakable round ligament pain upon standing that same day. Assumed it was cyst related pain (had a cyst on my ovary once that would cause pain upon standing). Took another test the next morning and it was positive. First scan revealed no cysts, so I'm positive what I was experiencing was round ligament pain. It sounds unlikely since you just got off the iud, but it's possible.

Thanks icegurl for ur reply :) does it usually take a while after iud to fall pregnant? I thought fertility returned to normal straight away although I guess everyone's different.
Ordered some internet cheapies so not gonna test again til they arrive :)

I've read that it takes aprox. 3 cycles to get back to normal after an iud, but I think there's still a chance you can get pregnant during that time. I didnt get a positive test with this baby until a day before my expected period, when are you expecting AF?

Not sure... I had a very light period 2 weeks after removal so based on my cycle pre iud which was 28 days I should have been due last thurs but there's been nothing. I've had negative tests everyday since last tues lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->