How early can you ovulate?

trudie100

Reaction score
Hi all

I am ttc baby no 2 and although we only started trying last month i've been using OPK's for the last few months just to make sure 1. i am ovulating and 2. to find out when. The last few months i've ovulated around day 15 or 16 but this week (my fertile window is 11-16 September) i got a very dark, near positive on day 11. I forgot to bloody test again the next day (day 12) to see if it was a definate positive by then but i am wondering is it possible to ovulate that early?

Its now day 13 for me so i wasnt expecting to ovulate for another couple of days but i'll test this evening to see whats going on.

Also how long do you actually ovulate for? its not possible that it can last a few days is it?

Thanks x

The earliest I have heard of is CD 8 , a TTC buddy of mine conceived from CD 10 ovulation. I usually get my surge on CD 13 and ovulate CD 14.

You'll usually ovulate 12-36 hours after a positive opk. Once released, the egg only survives 12-24 hours.
I think day 14 is about Average to ovulate so a positive on cd12 would not be unusual

Yes, it is very possible. The cycle I conceived my son, I ovulated on CD10. I thought I ovulated around the common 14 day but after not conceiving the first month, I decided to use OPKs. I was surprised when it came back positive only three days after I stopped bleeding from my period! Although I have regular cycles, I found out from tracking a few of my cycles that I never ovulate the same time each month. I ovulate anywhere from CD10 to as late as CD22.

Thanks ladies! Good to know I'm not going mad although I'm pretty sure I've missed the boat this month now :(

X

A +OPK on CD 11 would mean ovulation on CD12-CD13 most likely, I agree with others that that is totally possible, and not even uncommon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->