How early did you buy maternity clothes

Tantan

Nathan, Brandon & Bump
Reaction score
I needed to get a new winter coat as the zip went on my old one. So while I was in h&m I had a look in their maternity section and they had a nice black winter maternity coat that was cheaper then the rest in the shop so I bought it. I'm only 6 weeks pregnant.

I've been hoping that my sisters-in-law will give me some of theirs when I visit them at Christmas (I'll be 12 weeks). Although, come to think of it, I'm quite a bit taller so maybe that plan won't pan out... Not super excited about buying a whole new wardrobe for such a short period of time!

I lost about 30-40 pounds over the last year or so and just held onto quite a few of my blousy tops and things since this was a planned pregnancy. I did purchase two pairs of maternity pants a bit ago because one of them was capri jeans that had the right inseam length to fit me like normal pants (I'm 4'9") and the other was a really nice pair of dressy capris in the right length as well which is pretty impossible to find! I work from home so will probably just get a few of the yoga pants I like to wear around the house in larger sizes as I get bigger and a couple other pieces but I am trying to avoid buying a whole new wardrobe for nine months wear. I'm pretty determined I'm going to be one and done, so won't need them later.

I also lost 30 pounds (since January ) and this is my 3rd pregnancy so I will probably start buying stuff soon since most of my regular clothes don't fit anyway. My old maternity clothes have been passed through lots of people so they're worn out so I really need new stuff!

For your first pregnancies, when did you start wearing maternity clothes? Will I likely be OK until after 12 weeks? I'm tall with a long torso, so I'm thinking I might not need any for a bit. Was thinking of going shopping this weekend but not sure how many regular clothes would be a good idea to buy.

Does anyone have any favorite websites/stores that you like the best for maternity wear?! I prefer to shop online, usually with a glass of wine, but now with a glass of juice lol.

I bought some clothes at 10 weeks with my first because of the bloat. I'm happy I have some for this go around. And Ross always has great deals on maternity.

I brought some jeans in the laredoute sale because I needed to top up my order to £100 to get my £50 extra off. Figured I'd use them eventually. I can usually get away with just a couple if new everyday tops in maternity fit, couple of pairs if jeans and I buy them as early as possible when I start getting a bump as to maximise the wear. I will have to get new gym gear and maternity cozzie though too. I also have tons of clothes that would be perfectly suited for a growing tum, lots of flowy jumpers, tops, leggings ect. I will be my biggest in the summer for the first time ever and excited for a lovely maxi dresses.

I have never bought maternity clothes, I just wear normal stuff and when it gets snug but something with a elastic waist , although noticed this am my jeans won't do up comfortably anymore ��

With my first i wasnt in maternity clothes until well after 12 weeks, i have the coat dilemma as well i need a new winter coat so might as well buy a maternity one although its expensive for just a few months wear but i will need one! I'm in leggings and long tops at the moment not put anything maternity on, i had a friend give me a few bits but i need a bump first not just a bloat!

I think with my first pregnancy I could wear my normal jeans until four months or so, only the low waist ones though. I very much doubt I will be able to do the same again this time, I feel like I'm getting bloated already.

I have the dilemma of needing to find Tall Maternity gear! I have just found that ASOS have a small range. I plan on buying just a few staples...1 pair of jeans and one pair of leggings then a few tops? Am I in dreamland?!!

With my first pregnancy I didn't show at all until 18/19 weeks. I did get a belly band before that just for my own comfort because even though my pants fit it was uncomfortable to have it buttoned so I wore the band.

My birthday was a couple of weeks ago so my mom took me shopping and bought me three long sleeved old navy shirts and three pants and two short sleeved shirts. I wasn't even close to showing but she insisted. I ordered a winter coat online yesterday that I think I will be able to wear after I'm back in my old clothes and two pairs of wool leggings I already have a couple of big blouses that I think will last a while and quite a few cardigan sweaters. I reorganized my closet last week and put all my skinny clothes in a box. So I feel pretty organized for what is coming up. I think aside from bras I am pretty well set up for the winter already even though I don't really know when I'm going to be able to wear everything

I actually went into a maternity store for the first time today (I'm just over 8 weeks) and had a really bad experience. My pants are starting to fit a bit tight so I was interested in some jeans or maybe leggings but the salesgirl clearly decided that I wasn't worth helping as she approached all the 'older' women who entered who were showing more and fully ignored me, so I ended up just leaving. She didn't even greet me, just looked at me judgementally every time she walked by as if I didn't belong in there. Some people really need a lesson in customer service.

I actually went into a maternity store for the first time today (I'm just over 8 weeks) and had a really bad experience. My pants are starting to fit a bit tight so I was interested in some jeans or maybe leggings but the salesgirl clearly decided that I wasn't worth helping as she approached all the 'older' women who entered who were showing more and fully ignored me, so I ended up just leaving. She didn't even greet me, just looked at me judgementally every time she walked by as if I didn't belong in there. Some people really need a lesson in customer service.
Sorry to hear you had a bad time, sounds a bit like a pretty woman moment!! Oh the beauty of online shopping!! :laugh2:

I need to start looking around for some things. I will try to delay actual maternity wear as long as possible, and hope that bigger sizes, looser clothing will carry me through. Although there's no bump yet, close fitting clothes and anything with a defined wasitline just doesn't feel or look right on my lovely bloat, so I'm already struggling with what to wear to work. I think I'll pick up a couple fit and flare dresses a size up on the weekend.

Also scouting online: asos, missselfridge, houseoffraser and myhabit.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->