how early is too early to go into labor??

BabyUrq

Reaction score
i'm 31 weeks....feeling fine but i'm a little paranoid...its our first...its just feeling sooo close which it is....we can tell its gonna be a long baby and i have a feeling that i may go early even though most women with their first go late....

so i'm just wondering how early is too early to go into labor....? me being a little worried and wanting to be prepared...

I would consider a baby before 36 weeks as too early.

I don't want my little girl to show up any time before then no matter how ratty I get lol!

There is lots of info on this on the net if you google "preterm babies and gestational age". Here is a quick one with some info about the typical complications based on gestational age https://preemies.about.com/od/preemieagesandstages/ss/PrematureBabiesWeekbyWeek_6.htm

Reading the vast majority of the 3rd tri threads, most of us seem convinced that they will go early when the reality is that 80% of us will go past our due date. That stat within itself should give you a little comfort. Chances are LO will stay in there until the end (especially if you've had no medical reason to indicate he/she may come early) :)

x

I wouldn't worry too much. Babies born at 32 weeks have a 90% survival rate, he or she will just be in the hospital a couple weeks, even if you did happen to go into labor at this stage. But chances are you'll make it to your due date. You're almost there!

My son arrived at 34 weeks and sadly didn't make it. I know my constant considers 37 weeks full term and anything before that as prem, with a higher chance of needing nicu time. This baby can stay in until 41 weeks if she likes!!

thanks everyone!! i think its just first time worries mixed with being anxious and wanting to meet our little one!!

Personally I'd like to reach 37wks at the least. I'm being induced around 38wks as on insulin for GD so hopefully don't go before that otherwise
Theyve explained baby WLd need steroids for his lungs to develop xx

I was told anytime before 36 weeks I am to get checked if I have any signs of labour. from 36 weeks I can stop taking my progesterone and start walking as they arrive not worried if I go into labour from then onward

37 weeks is full term. I would be worried going before that and certainly before 36 weeks because of baby's lungs. I know we all get fed up in the third tri but the last thing we want is problems with baby and having them taken off for care. Let's keep them in our tummys aslong as they need :)

My baby is very long as well, and im already uncomfortable due to my short torso, but Im almost positive Ill go over my due date :)

My sis gave birth a 33 weeks, baby spent some time in SCBU but was very healthy and home after a week or two.
My friend just have birth at 36 weeks and there was no need to remain in hospital any longer than anybody giving birth at full term :thumbup:

I am quite happy for baby to stay put as long as possible cause the minute they are out they grow so fast and next thing you know they are babies no more! I'm enjoying looking forward at mo!!!! 10 weeks to go might not be saying this mind u in few weeks when huger and sorer!

i do agree with tristansmum....i want baby to stay as long as baby needs....but i'm opposite of jcliff.....i just have a feeling like i'm gonna go early....not saying i feel like i'm gonna go TOO early (that's just concerns)....but i feel like i'll go before my due date....i've had people asking me if i'm close to my due date since 5 months!! i know i have a big belly but i certainly didn't feel that big at 5 months!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->