How far along am I? & losing weight!

erher

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I had a dating and viability ultrasound done about two weeks ago. When I was there the technician told me my estimated due date was Jan. 9th, which would make me 10 weeks 1 day. Although, when I reviewed my results online, the midwife reported an EDD of Jan.16. Making me 9 weeks 1 day. I’m confused, when am I due?? Plus, on a side note, I weighed myself last night and I have lost 4 lbs. I’ve had horrible morning sickness, and can barely stomach anything. Is that a bad sign??
P.s. I have my second prenatal visit in one week. What to expect?? :wacko:

Are you in the UK? Was the scan through the hospital or was it done privately? doctors tend to discount early private scans in terms of dating and will change your due date again according to your 12 week scan, your midwife probably set your due date by your last period.

It's completely normal to lose weight in first trimester, you're not supposed to have gained much/any baby weight and your appetite going can cause weight loss, your weight should start to go up again sometime in second tri as you put on baby weight.

hello!
I live in the US. My midwife ordered the ultrasound, and the results I read were her comments on what she saw. I guess I could always ask her, I see her on Thursday. Thank you for your reply!

Hi there, due date is an estimate. It's 40 weeks after the date of your last period. That depends on different factors but they just go by a blanket date. For example, my cycle is short and extremely regular. I could put the kettle on for my period coming every 24 days when I'm not pregnant. I also always conceive around day 10, and it takes me 7 days for implantation to occur. Other women will vary massively on those. So while a hospital could give us both the same due date, mine could realistically be two or even three weeks different.
Losing weight at the beginning is common if you're feeling ill and is neither dangerous nor an indication of anything other than you not eating as much or not having as much food in you when you get on the scales. You'll know much more clearly when you're due when you go to your fetal anomaly scan at 20 weeks and I wouldn't worry about weight loss or sickness unless it's causing you to not be able to keep down liquids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->