How far along pregnant can tell with exam

Firebabe

Reaction score
How far along pregnant you have to be for the doctor can tell your pregnant by an exam feeling your tummy along the uterus area?

Thanks!

Hey.... I am glad to see you are back!I posted in your other section too. How are you feeling since the surgery? Last time I talked to you, you had said they couldn't reverse your tubal ligation as they were too short. Did something happen?
I was pregnant last October and I found out on CD8!!!! I had a normal period, but on CD 8 I just felt sick to my stomach and decided to test and it was positive. I went to have bloods drawn and they too were positive, but sadly I lost that one about a week in a half later.
I think you have to be past 12 weeks for them to be able to feel your uterus through yout tummy.......

for the doctor to feel your uterus abdominally ie. by pressing on your tummy, you need to be about 8 weeks pregnant, although that will be less for ladies who have been pregnant before.
the uterus then moves up about 1 cm for every extra week pregnant you are.
they may be able to tell earlier by doing a 'bimanual' examination, which is an internal examination whilst also pressing on the abdomen, as the uterus gets pushed up towards the abdomen.

I had a termination when I was 19 (long story) and that was at 10.5 weeks and they could feel my uterus easily through my stomach.

i had an internal and abdominal exam and i was 7 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->