How far is your walk to school?

Pink1981

Reaction score
Or do you drive? :flower:

Sophies school is a mile away, uphill. I am exhausted :sleep: :haha:

I think it will be a little easier the week after next when she is there until 3.30 :cry:

Anyways, was just wondering :blush:

Only a 5 min walk.....i know parents who live near me who drive the lazy buggers LOL

I drive since its 5 miles away! lol. My eldest is at secondary school, which is lucky only about a mile away, so he walks while I drive the younger ones.

its a 20 minute walk my speed (25 - 30 minutes) my daughter speed each way so over a mile, there is also people who live on same road as me who drive everyday (& who have drove past & soaked me with puddles as i am walking)

Ours is 1.4 miles each way and yes I walk every day even in rain :(

I just say to myself when I see cars go past and I am soaked and tired that its the only reason I fit into my trousers lol.

We have the opposite problem to the rain lol its been over 100 degrees here for the last 3 months solid! School bus stop is a 10min walk away and we walk it everyday, cold bath when we get back to the house:haha:

My little sister's school is less than 1/2 a mile away, but we haven't had the chance to walk it yet since it's been downpouring the last 4 days and school's only been in session 4 days :haha:

I'm looking forward to the twice daily walk, but she's definitely not. Not sure why since one of the classmates she gets along so well with has to take the same route.

My eldest's school ia about 15-20mins away and Dec nursery is a 10min walk. We always walk to school :)

My sons school was a 20 minute walk away. Now we have moved house and he is in a new school which is in the same street as us, which is really good for me as I can't walk too far anymore without getting pains, and he also has friends from his class in the same street so he can play out now. xxx

3-5 minutes. It literally takes longer to drive. There are some lazy people who drive DAILY here...one has super fat kids too...you would think she would want to introduce her kids to the world of exercise.

DD1 School is about a mile away which takes around 20 min either way, DD2 has also just started nursey which is just over 1/2 a mile in the opposite direction, taking 15 mins each way. We walk all journeys :)

My daughter's school is a half hour drive, about 20-25 miles away so we can't walk. We used to live closer but moved and I wanted to keep her in a familiar environment, plus its a great school, she is flourishing there and it is the only reasonably priced Montessori school in the area so I don't mind the drive.

DS school is a 30 min walk away, 5 mins by car which i used to take when i was working before mat leave.
Now i'm off i try and walk there as much as possible for some exercise, plus i can't wait to take lo out for walks in the pram to pick up big bro from school :)

I'm hoping i'll get used to it soon! I find it knackering, so unfit and it starts with a big hill!

Ours is about 10 mins away..
I can't stand the route though, don't mind it in the summer too much but when it rains it's just horrid!
x

Ours is about 25-30min walk which I do try and do, but in the crappy weather we've had recently I've jumped in the car and driven :blush:

Once I'm out of the door and half way up our road (big hill) I really enjoy it! :flow: x

0.8 miles but on the way home it's uphill :( takes 10mins but the hills are a killer!

my kids school is about 10 minute walk away, but me doing it just now it takes 20 minutes :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->