How far will you have to travel to give birth?

The hospital is 2-3 mins away so hopefully all will go well.

Mines a 5-10 minute walk (longer now as I waddle!) or a 2-3 minute drive :)

I feel so blessed that our hospital, which is a really really good one with an excellent NICU, is close enough to walk to. :) Maybe 2-3 minutes by car?

About a 5 minute drive away, though it can take me up to an hour to walk there now as it's mostly uphill, which is hard work pregnant with a pushchair! :haha:

Beca :wave:

It's a 15-30 minute drive depending on traffic. DD had me heading in during lunchtime rush hour and I was not impressed. :haha:

About a 5 minute drive away, though it can take me up to an hour to walk there now as it's mostly uphill, which is hard work pregnant with a pushchair! :haha:

Beca :wave:

I don't miss the pregnant treks up Penglais hill!!!!

Well the maternity ward changes were commenced on the 7th and already one baby had to be born in the back of a car on the way to the other hospital :(

Well the maternity ward changes were commenced on the 7th and already one baby had to be born in the back of a car on the way to the other hospital :(

The children's ward at the other hospital was closed last night due to it being too full...it truly is shocking.

The children's ward at the other hospital was closed last night due to it being too full...it truly is shocking.

Yeah, I read that this evening. I wonder how many fatalities it will take before they change it back :-/ I still can't get my head round the rationale of it. By no way is this the safer option :-(

I may have to travel 3 hours... hopefully can get the birth I want in the local hospital a 4 1/2 minute drive away but I'm going for a breech birth and if they won't accommodate my wishes hen the nearest hospital that routinely does breech births is 3 hours away on the highway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->