How far would you go to an Elsa doll..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute madness! I have a snow glow elsa for DD, I dont think its THAT amazing?? certainly not to the extent Id go seriously out of my way (or mind) to get one?
they are only proving so hard to get because they are hard to get IYKWIM?

edit to make that last bit clearer- i mean like they are only SO popular cuz they are "rare" I bet if there was plenty of stock available from the start they wouldn't have sold half as much

This isn't a problem for me, I am not usually after one of the must have toys. My little son is too little and my older son is autistic so he generally isn't in to the current popular toys.

However in theory if they wanted an Elsa doll or another popular toy, I considered the lengths I would go to.

I would:
Pay over the toys retail value (possibly a lot over :blush:)
I would order it from America and pay ridiculous shipping, handling, customs etc
I would go to a shop really, really early to try and be first in a queue.
I would go to a shop really out of my way to try and get it or as friends/family to post it from another part of the country

I (hopefully!) wouldn't:
Camp out all night
Engage in any behaviour that would get me arrested
Grab it out the hands of another parent buying for their child

I do hate people who buy to see it on eBay for a huge mark up though. I saw a TV programme about hit toys of the past and there was footage of when people went mad for Cabbage Patch Dolls. It showed people racing in a shop, the first woman got in and grabbed a load in both arms, not counting them or anything. She was clearly getting them to sell on. It pisses me off every time I see that footage.

Good luck to anyone after Snow Glow Elsa (or any other hard to find toy), if you can't get it and your child is old enough you could do a letter from Father Christmas saying it fell of the sleigh but he would make a special surprise extra visit to bring it after Christmas.

I would have bought it months ago... (assuming it was around months ago)
I actually posted a jokey f.b status in around July which stated that I was going to go out and buy up all the frozen toys so that I could sell them to all the silly plonkers who will leave it until the last minute. I REALLY REALLY wish I had done that now... hahaha

I got Snow Glow Elsa in July or August I think and she was easy to get. Set up a stock alert and bought her when I got a text. I think it's more a problem cos people leave it until this close to Christmas and then there's a mad rush!

I would definitely pay more for a particular toy if I was desperate for it but it's never really an issue cos I like to be organised so can wait for things to come back in to stock.

I ordered one a month ago for DD. I honestly wouldn't go to great lengths to get any toy. I'm cheap and won't pay over retail for such a thing and can't imagine fighting over a doll. It just seems so silly. It's just a toy and while yes, DD will probably absolutely love Snow Glow Elsa she would also end up loving many other things.

The Snow Glow dolls are still relatively easy to get over here though, I've seen large stocks of them in Walmart and Toys R Us recently.

Do you know I don't blame the people on ebay selling for a profit. At the end of the day these people have either

a) predicted that this was going to happen and bought stock early

b) took the time to source the stock in the first place

At the end of the day, yes they are very hard to get hold of BUT not impossible, most people who pay the inflated prices on ebay are too lazy to try and find one and are panic buying just in case they cannot get one.

At the end of the day, Disney Store are not getting their stock through and although may not be the Snow Glow one, can still find an Elsa doll, in all the excitement of Christmas morning unless that is the only thing that your child has asked for then they probably will not mind.

I actually don't like this doll I find it and all the other animator types a bit creepy (Gabby does have some and I dont like) and I think after 5 minutes most children will be bored with it and most parents after the 100th rendition of "let it go" will wish they had not paid stupid money for it anyway :haha:

Well, Frozen items wouldn't be an issue for us. My boys like it, but not obsessed thankfully.

If there was another toy they wanted quite badly, though:
I would get to the store stupidly early to wait in line. I don't mind waiting if I know they really want it.
I would shop early if at all possible, like item has been out for months, not just before Christmas.
I would pay some over retail price if I had to, but definitely not super-inflated like on Ebay.

I would NOT:
Steal it from someone else's cart. I have no way of knowing if they are buying to sell it, or if they actually have a child who really, really wants it. They got to it first, its theirs.
I wouldn't use bad language over it. That's unnecessary.
I wouldn't get in a fight over it. Again, its a toy. or whatever else. Not necessary, and certainly not civilized in the least to act like animals over an object.

I'll admit, it does tick me off when I see people load up a cart with a bunch of one item that's having a great sale, leaving none for anyone else needing it. Yes, I get that they got their first so I'd never take it from them, but it does annoy me when there are lots of other people who wanted the deal as well who now can't get even one.

:blush:

I have got an extremely lovely air hostess friend of mine to ship some special dolls over for me from USA because my little girl was so desperate for one! I couldn't find one of the one I wanted in stock anywhere so she bought it back for me from her latest trip. job done :thumbup:

Personally I think it's stupid, it's a doll fgs, just wait till after Xmas and then get it lol

This reminds me of that Arnold Schwarzenegger Christmas film!

I don't think I'd go to great lengths, but maybe when Micah is older it'll be a bigger deal? I blame advertising, it's the specificity of it all that strikes me as odd for children to all demand the exact same type of Elsa doll is bizarre. I get that the character and film is appealing, but surely some children would prefer a singing doll and others smaller play sets, others a soft one etc etc? The only 'popular' toy I remember requesting was a furby, and I'd have been gutted if mine was exactly the same as my friends' got, I wanted mine to be unique!

I bought dd one because I liked it lol but I payed £30 from toysrus but i Would pay extra for something if my child really really wanted it but hopefully that won't happen as I start christmas shopping in August :haha:

Snow glow was easy to get when she came out. But I don't think she's worth RRP or fighting for. Wouldn't have even bought it if Tori hadn't asked.

That is crazy, my kid would be missing out on that doll if it came to that lol i don't know why everyone leaves things for the last minute, then get upset they have ran out of stock!

And they call US crazy for shopping early!

The thing is though, how do you know in July what your kid will be into by December? I mean, even if you know they like frozen, they might change their mind by then or you might not know what specifically they'll ask for. :shrug:

you still wouldn't attempt to get it EVEN IF it was the only thing your child had asked for?!

this year is the first year my elder two children have actually been 'into' something- and that something is frozen. iv bought both my daughter AND my son a barbie doll type Elsa and Ana, they are the only thing they are desperate for, and I'd have been that complete Burke queuing outside toys'r'us at silly I clock AM if it meant a remote chance of getting them! :blush:

i don't start shopping really until around Sept, personally my kids interests last a long time, my youngest has been into Barney for about a yr now, and my middle child has loved frozen since last yr when the movie came out, my oldest likes anything to do with lego's and video games lol sept/oct i think is a good time to start as there is usually a good amount still in stock, i get the things the kids really want at that time, and other things i think they wont be disappointed not to get i get closer to Christmas. i just think it's mad people getting peed off with each other for a toy, if it cme down to it and i couldnt get what i rally wanted then oh well, they will have to have something else. jmo.

you still wouldn't attempt to get it EVEN IF it was the only thing your child had asked for?!

this year is the first year my elder two children have actually been 'into' something- and that something is frozen. iv bought both my daughter AND my son a barbie doll type Elsa and Ana, they are the only thing they are desperate for, and I'd have been that complete Burke queuing outside toys'r'us at silly I clock AM if it meant a remote chance of getting them! :blush:

I know what you mean! Its refreshing to see Tori so into something when Alex is still hanging on to Iggle Piggle at 5 :rofl: Oh dont get me wrong, i was one of the early rising disney store shoppers a few months back (and there was something fun and mad about that!) I just dont think Snow Glow is up to much. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"