How Fast Does Power Pumping Work?

ladysarcasma

Reaction score
I once had an oversupply. I dieted and I missed a few feedings and my supply tanked. My baby was way underweight and the doctor had me supplement with formula.

That was the end of my supply. I felt so defeated and sad that I got lazy and started feeding mostly formula.

Then I changed my mind and started pumping again. I was only getting less than half an ounce at a time. I started taking Fenukreek and Blessed Thistle. I'm eating oatmeal, drinking water, eating brewer's yeast, etc...so far it has increased to 1-2 ounces per session. But my baby is 3 1/2 months old and 1-2 ounces doesn't cut it.

Someone suggested power pumping. I'm trying it now but I'm wondering how long it takes. I really hope I didn't mess everything up for BFing forever and now I'm stuck with formula.

Does anyone know how many times a day you're supposed to do the 10 mins on 10 mins off power pumping routine? How long does it take to increase? Will I even be able to get it up to where it needs to be or will I be supplementing forever?

Any other suggestions for increasing my milk?

You should pump or nurse as often as you can, you can't do it too much, ten-twelve times a day is recommended. Power pumping should increase it within a day or two. How many tines a day are you pumping? Is your lo nursing at all? Do you have a good double electric pump? You definitely can do, just keep pumping and nursing!

You should pump or nurse as often as you can, you can't do it too much, ten-twelve times a day is recommended. Power pumping should increase it within a day or two. How many tines a day are you pumping? Is your lo nursing at all? Do you have a good double electric pump? You definitely can do, just keep pumping and nursing!

I am pumping about that many times (10-12) per day. He does nurse for a bit usually only 2-3 times or so a day. I am using a rented hospital grade Medela. Thank you for your reply. It's so frustrating to see such little increase when I'm working so hard!

I am having a very similar issue after traveling for 2 days. Did you get your supply up? I have added more pumping sessions, am taking Motherlove More Milk Plus, and am power pumping starting today. I am so discouraged because I was pumping 25-30oz a day. I am mostly pumping because my 3 month old is tongue tied, but I nurse him in the mornings when I have an overabundance and was adding more nursings until my supply dropped. I doubled the number of pumping sessions but am now producing 13-19oz max. Please help!

I am having a very similar issue after traveling for 2 days. Did you get your supply up? I have added more pumping sessions, am taking Motherlove More Milk Plus, and am power pumping starting today. I am so discouraged because I was pumping 25-30oz a day. I am mostly pumping because my 3 month old is tongue tied, but I nurse him in the mornings when I have an overabundance and was adding more nursings until my supply dropped. I doubled the number of pumping sessions but am now producing 13-19oz max. Please help!

I'm really sorry to say that I tried all of that, too after this post. Motherlove Plus landed me in the ER with hives for some reason even after I'd taken all the ingredients in it separately as supplements.

I tried absolutely everything and the supply kept dropping. Finally, I switched over to just formula last month. I was very sad about it, but I wasn't going to force it anymore as it was just making everyone nuts. I really hope you can find a solution, even though I couldn't.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. I know how frustrating it is :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->