How has been pregnant affected/changed your relationship with your OH?

P

pinkbumpnov

How has your relationship changed, if at all?
Mine hasn't really, although I am more hormonal than normal which can cause issues sometimes.

Yes ours has changed massively!

Not that it wasn't amazing before but it just feels stronger and deeper....like we have got so insanely close its unreal.

Our affection has changed from being quite soooo sexual (still DTD every week or so) to enjoying sharing my growing bump and just being amazed at our LO kicking, wriggling and having the hiccups...

I can't wait for us to be a family....just feels like things couldn't be more perfect!!

Definately feel closer to him. We've both changed as people too I think : )

I feel a lot more closer to my fiance now I'm pregnant, and he told me last night he's so proud of what I'm going through for him, He helps me out with everything and refuses to let me over do things.

Our intimacy has gone for the time being, he wants to get intimate with me, but I push him away as I'm so irritable and uncomfortable, but he understands and doesn't push anything on me, he's quite happy to just settle for a hug lol.

mine has changed loads! its all gunna sound a little cheesy most probably but i dont think i have ever been this happy in my life!.....
see we were still getting into the groove of living together when i fell pregnant....we were happy and livin it up in the honeymoon phase but ya no, we bickered about housework and money....
one day something just clicked and its like we have both matured massively in getting ready for a new baby to come along....
we went through a rough patch during first tri where i was ill all the time with morning sickness and OH believed it was because i was depressed and i didnt want him anymore. after a lot of talking things thru and first tri fading into second tri things got soo soo much better.....and now we eagerly await the birth of our son.
OH is so helpful and considerate which i never expected and we are so much more tolerable of each other than we were a few months ago.....they say a baby will either make or break you and its one of the hardest things to take on board in a relationship - i believe it has made us! we both had kids from previous relationships so we wernt thrown in the deep end, it was a joint decision to start trying and feels like the best decision we ever made!!
our lifestyles have drastically changed for the better....we are both grown ups now, we have a lovely home that we take pride in, we appreciate the little things in life more. our kids are doing well in school....one thing that has stuck with me is that my parents told me how proud of us they are! that said it all for me....i couldn't be more ready to become a mummy again. =)

told ya - cheesy =D lol

We get on so much better!! Never argue anymore, theres much more love and affection etc. Its definitely brought us closer! :) xx

Mine has changed loads!! My pregnancy wasn't planned, & Me and OH wasn't really getting on...he was to intrested in going out and getting pissed all the time:( at the start of my pregnancy he was still a bit of a nightmare, still going out, putting certain dickhead mates before me so i told him it was finished....It really kicked him hard coz things have completley changed around, we moved in together, he never really wants to go out anymore, hes always affectionate towards me and bump this list could go on :haha: We have been together for over 5 years and i can honestly say this is the best thing that could happen to us, i can't wait for our little man to arrive!! :) xx (cheeesy lol)

weve always been really close but on my part yes i want to hump him constantly!lol hes too busy working and when he comes home the laptop and tv get the same attention they always did! we dont argue hardly though, but i wish he was feeling more towards me but tbh i think he thinks his maddive man rocket will damage his child! i have assured him on this.....no honey your or no other man on the planet are capable of poking the babies eye out with your sword!!

we feel much closer to each other (even though we've always been close) but this experience brought us to one. I love him even more with every single day and i can see that he loves me just as much as he kisses my bump, talks to our baby, then to me, then to the baby again. It's just perfect now :)

Same as many of the above for me, it just gets better and better, feel really happy at the moment - always have but this seems like a great step in the right direction for us!

Mine is the opposite to everyone else. I had spotting for 3 weeks in 1st trimester and Dr said no sex...well i've been scared to do it since just incase to it's been 8 months now, eek. I ask my OH the other day if he still thought I was sexy and he said 'no, you're carrying my child, it's different now.' Like...thanks! We're more like friends than partners right now and I think it's not having sex that's causing it. That and the Call of Duty playstation game that he's often up until 1:30 in the morning playing...

Mine is the opposite to everyone else. I had spotting for 3 weeks in 1st trimester and Dr said no sex...well i've been scared to do it since just incase to it's been 8 months now, eek. I ask my OH the other day if he still thought I was sexy and he said 'no, you're carrying my child, it's different now.' Like...thanks! We're more like friends than partners right now and I think it's not having sex that's causing it. That and the Call of Duty playstation game that he's often up until 1:30 in the morning playing...

im in the exact situation you are...its like we just live together...we dont even sleep in the same bed anymore because i have been having trouble sleeping. i think my hormones are making me kind of resent him too...

It was just as good, if not better than it ever was until maybe the past week where my evil hormones have came out and one minute I love him more than anything, the next world hunger is his fault :haha:. I'm not really worried though - normally i'm the most laid back person ever so hopefully i'll go back to that. If I don't poor OH LOL :dohh:. x

This pregnancy has brought us closer in a lot of ways. I feel a lot more connected to my husband and am anticipating seeing us growing even closer as parents and as a team. xx

My husband and i have always been incredibly close. We're best friends as well as husband and wife and rarely spend a night apart.

We has 2 losses prior to this pregnancy which hit us hard but has made this pregnancy so much more special. We r very close, share every part of the pregnancy together. He hasnt missed a mw or hospital appointment and takes such gd care of me.

We argue, hormones! But we make up quickly. Bump gets lots of attention and we r looking forward to our future as a proper wee family.

Its a very special time and we both couldnt do this without each other. He's my rock and my life. Very soppy i know but true xxx

Me and my OH get on like we did before I got pregnant, though he is more bossy as to making sure Im not lifting things or making sure Im eating right!!

I must admit my hormones make me ''pick'' on him more, I mean one night I got into bed and flattened his side out so it was neat and tidy and told him not to get into bed, when he did I shouted at him for ''ruining the layout of the bed'' and huffed with him all night only to break up with him the next day when he went to work, luckily he kept calm and we made things right later that afternoon...only Im always breaking up with him...over everything!! :haha:

I do find my OH isnt that involved in this pregnancy, he talks to the bump maybe once in a blue moon but does try to feel the baby move then he falls asleep before waiting on the kick (another break up I sense :haha: ) he loves the scan photos but I take my mum to the scans as he never shows any interest!! He says he is excited about the baby being here but I get the feeling Im doing this alone most of the time!! I guess its because he has been here done this all before with his ex wife grr so I always feel second and cannot get used to this idea again I sense another break up :(

Apart from all this, my OH still shows me love, we make love a few times a week and he spoils me rotten!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->