how have you funded treatment?

meisha

Reaction score
it is inevitable that we wont receive treatment on nhs so how do we prepare for paying for it?
we have no savings and have a little debt (like most) so dont know where to start when paying payment.
how do you do it? have you prepared in advance and saved, borrowed it, been given it, how?
I dont wanna pry but I'm just baffled how others can easily say 'oh just go private'. yeah right with what? brass buttons!
We obviously cant get a medical cover because its a pre-existing problem.
Do some private hospitals have monthly payment plans or something?
do you spead out your treatment so you can quickly save up for the next lot?
am baffled
:dohh:

Sorry i can't answer this hun as i'm being treated by the NHS but why wont they treat u? XXX

i havnt been told yet but from what others say we will not qualify because partner is 41 and has a girl from previous marraige and he is sterile because he had the snip voluntarily and his reversal failed

My DH was getting a loan as he was thinking of changing his car, but decided to hold off changing the car and pay for treatment instead. Should we need to go for a second cycle, we have some money stashed away in different accounts, that would pay for most of another cycle. Fingers crossed we don't need to go down that road.

:hug:

i'm not sure what treatment your having but we went with a private clinic and did the egg share program where your ivf and drugs are free, we just had to pay for the DH part of it as he also had a vasectomy and an unsucessful reversal. So we paid for the Sperm retrivel.
xxx

I'm not sure if my clinic does egg sharing - it's not mentioned on their website and it has never been mentioned. I know they don't do embryo donation as they chose not to apply for a licence for it. It would have been good to be able to cut the costs a little - but hey ho what do you do??

i havnt been told yet but from what others say we will not qualify because partner is 41 and has a girl from previous marraige and he is sterile because he had the snip voluntarily and his reversal failed

I really hope the nhs surprise u :hugs:

mrs muggy, i thought about egg sharing, i was hoping the nhs would allow us to have vif or icsi free but say we only have to pay for the reversal again and retreival. i hope to god that the nhs surprises us two! i've come round a bit now. bf keeps saying soorry and getting upset and we have had big deep talks about our future. i obviously would not dream of leaving him, i love him so much and even if we didnt have a family would want him. he feels such a failure bless him. he says he does worry about being an older dad and starting out again with debt and a family but he wants me to be happy and would like another little fella running around.
I've asked him one thing - not to give up.
he promised. so I think we are on a roll!
xx

We had got money saved up. We both had good jobs and nothing particularly to spend it on so we put a little away every month. We were hoping that the money we were putting away would be used so I could go part-time or while I was on maternity leave. I certainly don't feel that the money was wasted, but I am angry that in order to be treated we had to self-fund. We still haven't reached the top of the NHS waiting list for our PCT.

Also the private costs came in dribs and drabs £100 for this appointment this month, £70 for this test another month. It was only the ICSI itself that came in quite a big chunk.

A point definitely worth trying is asking your GP to approach your PCT to see if they will pay for the drugs (£700 ish in our case) if you pay for the treatment. Ours wouldn't but I know of a neighbouring PCT that will.

Even though my husband and I are covered with not only our country's medical, but we have extended medical from our work....NO fertility treatments or drugs are covered. Not one penny. My Clomid is about $6 per 50mg pill...I can't remember how much the Progesterone was. If we were to get ART, that would all be out of pocket...which we wouldn't be able to do.

i've spoke to bf about our options in the event we dont get funding from nhs and we have agreed that he wouldnt go through another reversal we would extract sperm and then i would have ivf/icsi. I am seriously wanting to donate eggs/do egg sharing to try and cut the cost but its finding a clinic near to us that will do all of the above. leeds dont do it. only thing is with me having a complete molar pregnancy would i meet all requirements for egg donation? i have read that unless you have had ovarian disease you can donate eggs.
another thing is i rang the ozi (do weekly checks with appts!) and they can get us in this monday instead of december. not sure what the expect really. but am glad we are in earlier.
x

Well im 41 and in crisis at the moment, no kids 1 failed ivf, and trying to see how we are going to fund another.We spent already 10 k on 1 icsi and 2 failed fets...

Im too old to have nhs ivf, and even then i was at the time overweight, and they would nt put me on the list.....damn the NHS...... they are idiots thinking that if you are overweight you cant get pregnant, which is ridiculous as if that was the case there would be no kids in the world....as at least half the ladies who get pregnant are overweight....

I lost lots of weight over 5 stone in 5 months, and have 2stone to go, but funding is a nightmare and i dont know what we are going to do.

I can only wish you the best of luck

I just wanted to give you ladies a big:hug: you are the reasons that i want to donate my eggs before i have a styerralisation. Sorry to be of no help :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->