How hungry?

Luckybug

Preggers
Reaction score
I'm only six weeks and two days but I'm dying of starvation constantly. My hunger literally consumes me and it's all I think about day and night. My stomach is constantly growling. I'm also constantly constipated too, so it's a weird and sometimes conflicting situation.

I do not think this is normal, I know I shouldn't eat too much more, but I get legitimate hunger pains if I don't. Nausea strikes if I don't obey my hunger within an hour! I've already gained two pounds, which is all you're supposed to gain in the first trimester, right?

My husband is convinced that I'm having twins because he says all my weight has been in my uterus or "lower tummy".

How hungry is normal? I would love to have a healthy single pregnancy, or multiple pregnancy, but the thought of twins is super scary to me as a first time mother but also totally possible because of family history.

I don't have my first appointment until next week and I'm so worried they're going to scold me for weight gain. :'(

Hi Lucy,

I'm starving all the time too. I'm worried as I don't have much nausea but I could literally eat a horse!! All the time!! I've had one scan already and the sonographer was pretty sure I only have one on board. It is possible to be this hungry with just one lol!

Which day is your scan booked? Worrying won't change anything so try to relax and enjoy (total hypocrite here!!! I know how hard that is to actually do!!)

I won't have my scan until after Christmas. :( My intake appointment is on Monday next week. I'm sure it's just one, but this hunger is driving me crazy!

I was starwing at 6-9 weeks now it is much better :) i was starwing for carbs :)

Just called my husband crying and he said, "if you're hungry, just eat."

It's not that simple!

I ended up eating a brownie, a bowl of pasta and a carton of cherry tomatoes all this morning. I still feel hungry. I don't want to get gestational diabetes. :(

For me it's salty foods. I had such a sweet tooth before but now I want anything savoury and reeeeaaaally salty.

I'm sure they won't shout at you about weight gain lucky. Besides - they do t know what you weighed before :winkwink: are you in the uk? Have you thought about a private scan to put your mind at rest?

I'm struggling as well I think for me though I'm not really hungry , but am so nauseous and food eases it for a while so im constantly eating to feel better.

I'm in Germany. I think I might get a private scan just to put my mind at ease.

Twins wouldn't be terrible, but they definitely wouldn't be ideal right now. So not prepared for them.

Five weeks today and I'm hungry all the time too.. Amazing thing I've lost 3lbs since the 30th of November.. I'm overweight so a little weightloss is okay. And baby raises your metabolism lol

I feel like a sloth otherwise. I wish all this eating would come with extra energy. :(

I definitely have low energy lol. And my kidney hurts. Apparently you have to drink a lot more water while pregnant.

I drink like three liters a day. And gatorade. Maybe the gatorade is making me feel fat? haha

Maybe. I know salt is my worst enemy right now.

I found this soy chocolate milk by Alpro... omg... it tastes soo good right now... has protein, calcium, vit b2 & b12 and D... nom nom nom

I'm no longer constipated! Hooray!

I feel much less emotional now.

I want general tsos chicken, salted apples, and gatorade! Milk is okay, but it has to have ovaltine in it. Mmmm... Mouth is watering again. :(

I tried having ovaltine this am... baby said no... Didn't puke but I definitely felt sick. I've been eating a lot of fiber so my flow is fine lol. Sometimes. General Tso's sounds amazing. And I've never had a salted apple.

The granny smith green apples with a little bit of salt on them. SOOOO delicious. I've been eating a lot of apples, but I think my prenatals are making me constipated. Skipped last night and after four days of no-going finally went. Feel so much better!

This baby is definitely my husbands child! It will let me eat a lot of different things, but if I get the least bit hungry nausea and dry heaves commence. Definitely loving Milk too, hubs drinks half a gallon a day! He runs almost five miles every day though, so he can eat like a horse (expects me to eat like one too). I can't as I have a desk job and am just not a runner.

I work in a grocery store and raw broccoli has started grossing me out. Prune juice I found I can't take (couldn't much take it before I was pregnant though). Handful of other things when I think about them.

I really want eggs though, but for the sake of my husband I dare not eat them. My gas is already bad enough. :(

Haha yeah I'm at Incirlik Air Base. We will fly through Ramstein in April when we PCS back to the states lol.

Also I found out that the increase in iron (from prenatal) as well as your elevated progesterone level causes your "system" to be slower so it can absorb more nutrients for baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->