how late were they detected

2ndtimer

Reaction score
hi all, i am sure you are all mega busy but i need to know at what stage your twins were detected in pregnancy. i am on my fourth pregnancy in 4 years 2 beautiful healthy boys and sadly my 3rd boy died at 6 weeks from sids in march. i am currently around 24 weeks pregnant and have had 3 scans, first scan littrally 2 minutes - theres baby theres heart beat, my second scan hazy but at 18 weeks i was told girl, ( having done this so many times over the 4 years i was conviced its a girl also - definately no spout to speak of) scan lasted about 3 minutes. 3rd scan 22 weeks, lasted about 5 minutes, checking heart measurement, then at the lasty minute the lady said do you know how i said girl, this baby has turned into a boy!! confuzed much!!! any way these things happen, still excited but then i was given a doppler to ease my stress with all that happened previously and every day for 18 days i get 2 heart rates one is constant 130-136 (sounds like a train) then i get a 169-177 about an inch away. do you think i could be having twins and one is just hidding behind the other or do you think its just coincidence?

i am having non id twins and it was really obvious at 12 week scan for twins, by 20 weeks even more obvious as heads were close or feet and arms etc. Now at nearly 24 weeks I feel kicking and punching all over left side, right. Its still hard to sex a baby before 20 weeks which is why most hospitals do not say anything before that time. It took our scanner about 10 minutes to double check the sex of the twins, my 20 week anomaly scan took 40 minutes checking sex, limb measurements, heartbeat etc and you could easily tell there were two in there. i would have thought if you were having twins you really would have known by now, if not the hospital is negligent! Have you asked the hospital to confirm, perhaps there is a reason for your doppler beats I know they are tricky things at the best of times. good luck with your pregnancy xx

i am having non id twins and it was really obvious at 12 week scan for twins, by 20 weeks even more obvious as heads were close or feet and arms etc. Now at nearly 24 weeks I feel kicking and punching all over left side, right. Its still hard to sex a baby before 20 weeks which is why most hospitals do not say anything before that time. It took our scanner about 10 minutes to double check the sex of the twins, my 20 week anomaly scan took 40 minutes checking sex, limb measurements, heartbeat etc and you could easily tell there were two in there. i would have thought if you were having twins you really would have known by now, if not the hospital is negligent! Have you asked the hospital to confirm, perhaps there is a reason for your doppler beats I know they are tricky things at the best of times. good luck with your pregnancy xx

thanks, after my first scan i changed hospital, due to the poor care, the hospital i go to now is very good and they said the reason my scans are so short is because they are not the clearest due to me still being over weight from previous pregnancies, i am going to ask for a thourough check at my next visit in a fortnight,

I think non-identical boy/girl twins are really obvious early on because they are actually in separate amniotic sacs. I'm really bad at knowing what I'm looking at in ultrasounds, and even I was able to tell I was having twins at my 6 weeks scan because there were two very obvious sacs.

My identical twins were obvious at my 12 week scan and by 18 weeks could not be missed.

I would definately ask next time you are seen but it could just be that you are detecting your own heartbeat or as the previous poster said your placenta, as when the midwife was trying to find my twins heartbeat she found the twins and mine so three in total all had different bpm.

Good luck with your pregnancy and I am so sorry for your loss.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->