How long after loss did you TTC?!

Halley

Mummy to an angel
Reaction score
Hey Ladies..

I'm new to this section. I found out I lost my baby yesterday, not had a very good week so far. But that's life I suppose. Anyway I was just curious how long you waited to TTC after your lost? I did some research about it and came up you should wait three cycles before trying again. So your body can go back to normal etc. Other wise you've got more chance of it happening again. I'm not sure how true that is, but that's what I red.

When did you all decide to try again??

Thanks Hal x

Hi Halley. Welcome to TTCAL.
So sorry for your loss. We all understand how you're feeling right now.
You will have good days and bad days, but we're all here to listen anytime you want to talk.
Whenever I lost my babies, the hospital told me to wait until I had my first AF and then I could start trying again.
Unless you've had a complicated m/c I don't see any reason why you couldn't try again after your first AF.
Just make sure you're mentally ready as well as physically though.
I've always found it harder on my head than on my body.
Good luck hun

:dust:

xox

hi hun so sorry about your loss, i decided to TTC straight after D & C everyone says different there is no reason from wot i gather why u can't try straight away it just confuses dating hope this helps heather x

Hi Halley, am sorry to hear about your loss. I had a tfmr at 18 weeks. There is so much conflicting info out there but my own doctor recommended waiting at least 1 or 2 cycles. Maybe it depends on the cause of your loss? I personally think that you should ttc whenever you feel ready x

Hi Hal, again im sorry you are having to go through all this.

I waited until my bleeding had stopped, and TTC straightaway from then.

If your emotionally ready to TTC, then go for it.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I have to agree that as long as you feel emotionally up to it, there is no reason to wait after the bleeding has stopped.

I personally waited 6 monts after my first (mostly for emotional reasons) fell pregnant right away. after that loss, I started trying after my first AF post m/c. Still working on that one 6 months later.

I'm so sorry for your loss. i can't really help as my son died neo natally but i only had 1 af before getting pregnant :hugs: xxx

hugs hun x

my dr has recomemend we wait till charlies pm results are in 6-8 weeks just in case it picks up something genetic/infection...

physically the midwifes said from next cycle is fine, emotionally they reccomend 6 months....

i would really like to start trying again after pm results are in if all clear... but dont think i will be ready... i dont want anyone to think im trying to replace charlie :(

Hey, I am so sorry for your loss you will have up and down days allow you self to feel it dont bottle it up and give yourself time. I was advised that I should wait for one period before trying again although they did say that it was mainly for dating purposes. Its personal choice if you feel ready to try again when the bleeding has stopped then go for it. I waited for one normal period before trying again as wanted to feel like my body was physically back to some normality whatever that is.

be kind to yourself big :hugs:

Hi Sorry for your loss my consultant said one cycle and that was after an eptopic so there should be no reason for you to start trying as soon as your ready xx

I miscarried 2 weeks ago, and I was just 5 weeks pregnant so it was quite early. We were devastated but emotionally I feel ready to continue ttc straight away.

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

I had an mmc at 12 weeks in November, and afterwards I got lots of conflicting advice about when we could TTC again. I wanted to TTC soon, especially since it took us a while to get pregnant the first time. We waited the recommended 2 weeks after the D&C to have sex again, then decided to start trying. I figured that if my body wasn't ready, it just wouldn't allow a pregnancy to happen. I got a BFN on my D&C cycle, and a BFP on the very next cycle.

I will admit that trying on my D&C cycle was probably too soon for me. I was devastated by my first AF rather than relieved that my body was getting back to normal. However, I'd read that my chances were relatively good in the 3 cycles after a mc, and I didn't want to look back after months of trying and wish that I'd taken advantage of this time. I'm glad we didn't wait the 3months that one doctor had recommended, or I wouldn't have my wiggly little guy on the way. My doctor wasn't concerned about any increased risk of problems or miscarriage with this pregnancy, he just told me there could be problems with dating the pregnancy and sent me for an ultrasound at 9 weeks. I'm 23 weeks and my baby and I are both healthy.

Again, I'm so sorry for what you're going though. I know that there are just no words :hugs: The months after my mc were the most difficult time of my life. I still cry and miss my first baby. He would have been due just over a week ago, and it's really hit me hard that he's not here in my arms where he belongs. When to try again is a very personal decision, and I wish you all the best with whatever you decide is right for you.

Sorry for your loss. Been there, it's awful. :( My D&C was on the 19th of May, and I'm already TTC again now, in the same cycle.

My doctor told me to wait a cycle, but I think that's only for dating purposes. Really, I'm just seeing what happens... I won't be devastated if AF comes because then at least I know for sure my body's back to normal.

I didn't want to wait. I had time to grieve because my baby was not doing well for a few weeks. I am still very sad, but I just want to start afresh. I think that would heal us more than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->