How long after stopping does your milk dry up?

Jolann

Reaction score
Hi all,

I EBF'ed for 6 months when we introduced food. I went back to work at 9 months and because of the long hours away from LO and my dislike of expressing, my milk dried up so we switched to formula.

LO is now 17 months old and hasn't shown any interest in my breasts for months (other than inquisitive poking and prodding) and yet I still get very small amounts of milk if I touch my nipples. Any idea when this will stop? Its no issue - doesn't hurt, leak enough to wet clothes etc. - I'm just curious as I would have expected to be completely dry 8 months after stopping!

I weaned my son in December at 19 months. I tried nursing him about a month later when he was ill & I had already dried up. I tried squeezing and couldn't get anything out at all. I'm not sure if it was because I was pregnant, or what. I delivered at the end of Jan and had only noticed colostrum a couple days before I delivered.. so I dried up & then started producing colstrum within a month time frame.

Same here i was pretty much dried up a few weeks later

Thanks ladies. Not sure whats going on with me then!

i only expressed for dd1 until she was a month old. i still produced milk until i hit second trimester with dd2, when dd1 was 11 months old.

I could still squeeze colostrum out after two years. Crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->