How long after stopping pill are you not covered?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Bentley2008, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Bentley2008

Bentley2008 Well-Known Member

I have 5 days left of pill, so my last one is sat, so on sunday am i not covered?

2. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

It depends on when you ovulate hun.

3. Jewels

Jewels Wife & Aussie Mommy!

I've heard that some women have ovulated and become pregnant even if they took their pill several hours later than usual, so it is possible that you could be fertile the next day, but like Noodles said, you'd need to be ovulating and :sex: to possibly become pregnant. :hugs:

4. Bentley2008

So i will have to wait for :witch: about 3 days later, then i should be ovulating 10 - 12 days later ?

Gosh im confused lol!

5. Jewels

It is difficult to say when and if you'll ovulate. Our cycles can take some time to get back in sync after the pill.

I just finished my pack pills on April 18th, finished my withdrawal bleed, and hope to ovulate this weekend / into next week, but that is based on a perfect 28 day cycle. I don't know if I will have a perfect 28 day cycle, or ovulate... If I do ovulate, it may not be when I thought I would be - it could be earlier or later. I may need to wait until after my first real period. :hissy:

I hate waiting and not knowing! :rofl:

6. Bentley2008

Me too, i just want to get on with it now :hissy:

7. Jewels

I'm trying so hard not to get obsessed, but I'm excited. I'll just be happy when I know what my cycles are doing! :hissy:

8. Crailly

Crailly Well-Known Member

I will gladly join the "we just came off BCP and have no idea what our bodies are doing" club. :rofl:

I have no idea if I ovulated this month and I did not start taking my temperature with a BBT until the second half of my cycle. I ordered some ic opks and hpts today . . . hopefully that will help.

:dust: for us all

9. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

I came off the pill in January, got my withdrawal bleed 3 days later and got my AF 27 days after that and it was regular and we started TTcing in April.

I charted my temp which I found really helpful and used OPK's as well. You may want to try that as I felt that I was actually doing something productive rather than just waiting around.

Good luck!

10. Jewels

It's really nice to know that there are others out there going through exactly the same stuff! :rofl:

I was debating OPKs, but my doctor told me that checking CM was a pretty reliable way of knowing whether or not you're ovulating.. I was going to try not to bring too many gadgets into TTC if possible. Plus, they can be pretty expensive! :hugs:

11. Backtoback

Backtoback Well-Known Member

I came off BCP too in Jan, had a withdrawal bleed then waited exactly 10 weeks for my first real AF. Am now on CD17 with no sign of ovulating (through OPKs). Its all a waiting game and it seems that we are all really different!

12. Jewels

The waiting drives me nuts because I am so much of a planner! I want to be able to know exactly when I'm going to O so I can plan! :rofl:

13. Crailly

Crailly Well-Known Member

Planning and organizing keep me from going insane . . . I love lists and charts and everything having a place it belongs.

I actually love waking up at 6:00am everyday and reaching for my thermometer. It's a routine now.

I bought the OPKs on the internet - so they were less than $1.00 Canadian each. i figured that was totally worth it to have a little control and get preggers sooner.

14. Tonih04

Tonih04 Mother of 1 and TTC

I personally was on the pill for a year and a half, before i went on it i only had 2 periods a year, however i fell pregnant roughly a week after coming off the pill! so i guess it just depends on the individual!

Hope it all goes well for you =]

15. Jewels

How many OPKs do you do per day? Is it 2? I kinda figured I didn't want to waste money on my first cycle off pills, because who knows when I'd actually ovulate. I could go through tons of OPKs before I'd actually get a positive.

I'm hoping that's not the case because my cycles were pretty regular before the pill, but who knows? :hissy: