How long are babies supposed to sleep during the day?

Flower

Reaction score
As title really - we're still having problems getting Jensen to sleep - during the day but mainly at night. So just wondering what everyones else's LO sleep patterns are like.

I think we're letting him have a nap too late in the day and maybe I'm expecting him to sleep longer than he should - but he just seems grizzly!

Our rough routine at the mo is:
6.30-7.30 wake up
9-10.30 - 30 mins nap
12-2ish - nap - but I have to force him to go to sleep - rocking him in his buggy, and he'll wake up every 15-20 mins - which I have to rock him everytime to get him back to sleep, which means I can't get anything done, like have a bath etc!

Then he'll get grizzly about 4ish so another 30 mins nap, then he'll get grizzly about 5.30-6pm which I think is our downfall cos we'll rock him in his buggy for another nap. Thing is this is the time I can make/eat dinner (have to feed my two step-kids too, which is why we can't eat any later).

So whats your daytime nap routine? And how do you get your LO's to take a nap!?

How long has he been like this and does he seem unsettled lately?

My Holly is having trouble sleeping in the day since she started teething a week or so ago.

But normal pattern:

6-7.30 wakes
8-9 nap for 1-2 hours
12-1 nap 1-3 hours
4-5 nap 30 mins - 1hr
last bottle 7ish
8-9 down for night occassionally wakes at 3am but i give her her dummy and she goes back to sleep

Deleted - sorry, was trying to start a new thread!!

Lola sleeps very little in the day.

She goes to bed at about 11 p.m. without problems and wakes up at 3 a.m,then goes back to sleep and wakes up at 7.

During the day she'll sleep about twice for an hour or less. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->