How long are you (or did you) waiting before ttc after csec?

Tor

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Just wondering how long you are all waiting after your c secs to try again or how long you did leave?

Also interested in who is planning VBAC and who is planning elective c sec and why?

I am waiting til LO is 18 months but im soooo tempted to start trying at about 13-14 months but im scared!

I always said i would want VBAC but again am terrified something would go wrong so im leaning more towards elective csec again now and keep going back and forth!

I waited 12 months before coming off the pill again, we're still TTC due to my irregular cycles.
I would love a VBAC but am obviously keeping a very open mind if a c-section should be needed again. I guess it depends how the pregnancy goes.
I'm sure you'll know when you feel prepared mentally a physically for another :)

I waited about 15 months (I was told to wait at least 12 months), but it was 5 more until I conceived. All went well (c-sec scar wise) and I had a vbac. Doctors still seem a bit nervous about vbacs, but the midwives didn't. I just decided that I thought I could do it and went for it. I did try to keep an open mind that I may fail and end up with a c-sec, but I was at peace with that. PS. My c-sec was for breech presentation, so not for any labour related reasons.

I waited 10 years after my 1st Son, 8 years after my 2nd & just 6 months after my Daughter

This will be my 4th csection :baby:

Hubby and I plan to wait until our LO is a year old before TTC #2.

Will probably wait until dd is around 18months. I had to have section due to previous surgery and will have to again. I don't mind, once baby is delivered alive and well it doesn't make a difference to me where they come out x

Due to contraception fail I got pregna.t 3 months after and had a mc at 9 weeks but I'm now 3 months pregnant and my daughter was 1 3 weeks ago, this was planned

I'm diabetic have been since I was 2, I won't go past 38 weeks so will be having another section

DH & I are waiting until DS is 10 months to start TTC. I have irregular cycles so it might take a bit longer than that. I *think* a VBAC is an option. I had an emergency C-section with my son and the epidural I had taken earlier during labour never took and there wasn't time for another so they knocked me out. It was as I was coming out of my stupour that the doctor decided to explain to me about the surgery and whether or not I could have a VBAC. I was still doped up! So I really don't know if that's even an option.

But I'm really paranoid about the whole ruptured uterus threat. Even if it is a teeny threat it is enough to give me anxiety attacks so DH & I have been leaning towards elective C-section. Obviously, this is all way too early to decide anything.

DH and I are waiting at least 2 years before TTC. We were told that the longer we can wait, the better the chance for a VBAC without complications.

I want to VBAC. LO head was not positioned right in the birth canal and that was the only reason why I didn't progress and needed a C-Section. So I'm hoping next one with get it right!

We are TTC now. I doubt I'll get a VBAC though cause of the risk of heart block in our next child. My son has the condition and labor could have put stress on his heart.

Im waiting to find out when i see consultant whether there is a medical reason i cannot give birth naturally due to my emcs after my 1st baby. I change my mind each day as to what i would like this time - due to such a horrendous labour and experience last time! However, ultimately i will do what is best for baby and myself :) Oh and we were ttc before lo was a year old, but fell when she was 17 months. I was never told i had to wait a certain amount of time. x

We're planning to start trying again towards the end of the year. It'll be roughly 18/19 months after the section :)

I got pregnant 3 months after my section :blush:
I was really worried i was going to burst my scar open or something but my midwife just laughed!
I'm under consultant care but all that has meant a few extra appts where all they did was ask how i was feeling and do my blood pressure!
She did say however that since it was so soon after my EMCS she would give me a 50% of labouring naturally but she would support me 100% if i wanted to try.
Unfortunately my LO may have a medical condition (congenital hypothyroidism with a large neck goitre) which means he wouldn't actually progress down the birth canal in the correct position. So i have decided to have an elective :)
i actually wasn't told to wait or not... My LO was a surprise and wasn't planned but can't wait to meet him in 16 days!!! :happydance::happydance:

oops, it's just over 6 months since my emcs but I'm 6 wks preg! Bit of a surprise tbh. Was told I could vbac but wasn't told how long we should wait before ttc.

I was told 2 years because I had a tear in my uterus.

I had my daughter 5 months ago and this is our first month of TTC. I was told to wait two years if I want a VBAC, but because of our circumstances we want our children to have a small age gap. I would be under consultant care, but I would be anyway because of the oc i had in my last pregnancy. My midwife said there should be no problems being pregnant so soon :) xx

When LO is 1 year we will ttc again, I would love to try for a vbac but if I have another cs it is what it is.

I'm going up and down with this now, lol! I want to TTC, but I also want my new tattoo in June :haha:

We're trying now too, i def want to elect for another section. Aidens birth was soooo traumatic and he nearly didnt make it, i just want to go in and get baby out xxx

I was told by the consultant at the hospital to wait at least a year before TTC. Saying that, I've read a lot since then that suggests the chance of rupturing the scar are really low whether you wait or not. But I think we'll wait a year anyway - at the moment that feels like it would suit us - I don't want to wait longer because I'm in my late 30s. I had an EMCS because of fetal distress so I think I would try a VBAC - but if they offered me an elective then I'd definitely be tempted because it was a pretty difficult labour before the EMCS the last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->