How long are you (or did you) waiting before ttc after csec?

I will be having an elective c section. Where I live there are very few doctors that do VBACs. I thought I really wanted one and I still do but at the same time I don't want to jepordize anything with my baby so I will opt for an elective c section.

I had my first section due to failure to progress...the cord was wrapped around his little neck 2x and he was unable to move down further into the birth canal. I felt disappointed but I am starting to accept it now and don't feel so upset anymore about having mine.

I had a good experience and healed very quickly. We will probably start TTC when our LO is 5-6 months old as we want our children close in age.

I had a 3 yr gap between my first two cs's. There's almost 8 years between 2 and 3. My youngest just turned one and we're ntnp. I was told to wait a year the first time but no one said anything after 2 and 3.

I was unsure afterwards if I wanted another, the thought terrified me! But 10 weeks down the line we have decided we do want another and I will probably come off the depo injection next June as it takes a while to come out of your system. LO will be 18 months old by then. I think I would have to go down the c section route, I had a horrendous 40 hour labour before my emcs and don't think I could face the thought that it might happen the same way again. xxx

I'll be waiting 2 years. I really want a VBAC next time (HBAC hopefully), so it helps to wait but that's not the main reason - I just feel that's when I'll be ready.

I waited 17 months after my c-section with my daughter, and I am hoping for a VBAC. Still searching for a midwife to help me since the hospital closest to me doesn't typically do them!

There will be 15 months between my sections :)

If I have another section that's what we'll have! 14/15 months. Did consultant or midwife say anything about getting pregnant so soon after first section?

We will be waiting 12 months before really starting to TTC. We may NTNP at around 9 months, but haven't decided yet. Doctor recommended we wait one year, so that is what we will probably do.

As for repeat section or VBAC, I'm willing to do either, will do whatever the doctor recommends. We had our little girl by Section due to GD and failed induction at 39 weeks. If I end up with GD again and don't go into labor naturally, I will probably opt for the elective Section as I do not want to go through 48 hours of induction drugs ever again! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->