How long are you periods

faye38

Reaction score
just interested how long everone period is as we get older thay get shorter mines 3, to 4 days not heavy no pains ! whats yours like x

Mine seem to be going in the other direction! Up to last year they were 3-4 days with normal flow. Now they are 5 days and slightly heavier..Am i getting younger you think???? :rofl::rofl:

When I was young they were 4-5 days with lots of painful cramps.

Now they're 2 very heavy bleeding days, 1 yucky brown day (TMI :blush:)

Lots of cramps on first day, one dose of 3 tablets of ibuprophen covers it.

My whole cycle is about 25 days and always has been - except after each baby it sometimes drags out a little longer up to 29 or 30 days.

I think mine has gotten shorter. It used to be 5 days and mostly spotting on days 5&6. Now it's usually 2 heavy days and gradually trails off with light spotting days 5&6.

Mine lasts for 2-3 days.

Light...Heavy....Light.

My last one It just had lasted a day and a half and it wasnt that heavy, more like a medium flow.

still the same 6 days exactly.. heavy for the first 2 days and then is tapers off to spotting on days 5 and 6

When I was younger OMG it would go straight 6 to 7 days even when I got on the pill later on around 20 GRRR now mine vary from month to month, usually goes 4 max. 1st day spotting, 2nd/3rd heavy bleeding and cramps, 4th brown spotting and its over... each month it varies, but with no being on the pill it seems 1 month is out of control bleeding for 3 days then stops, so I'd say 4 days and once in a while 5 GRRR... hope this helps... You'd think as you get older it would slow down... nope lol

Since having my son my periods are now 7 days long, before they were always about 4 but I have no real cramping at all now. I was totally surprised when my period came back when Brennan was 18 months old. It just showed up one morning. I will take the longer period over horrible cramps any day.

When I was young, they lasted about 5 days, light then 3 days heavy then light/spotting but no cramps, no pain, now they last 2 days, 1 day heavy next day light.. with major cramps...

I used to faint with the pain of my cramps on Day 1 when I was younger....Now mine are shorter and only sometimes do I get cramps.

Spotting/Light, Heavy, Heavy/Medium, Light, Spotting is my usual period now.

P.S. Great Question OP!!! I've always wondered how people's cycles change as they get older! Glad to see I'm not alone!

i just think is good to see other woman the same age having the same cycles it lets me no its all normall :thumbup: atleast we still have them :winkwink:

Hi Ladies :hi:,
Mine have always been out of wack, my first period at 13 lasted 30 days...With me, it either comes for four months straight (literally 120 days) or doesn't come for months (I am currently cd63) :grr:

Mine was 7 days (heavy, medium, light) since I young, but for over a year now its down to either 3/4/5 days (medium to light) still get mad cramps that make you go 'owww!':shrug:

In my naivety I went to the docs who promptly told me that as women get older their periods shorten & it was nothing to worry about! (well no one told me :winkwink:)

Last months af was 2-3 days late, when it came it was heavy & painful for 2 days with dark clots then went to a medium to light flow for another 3 days! Bloody thing keeps changing!:dohh:

Dony know about shorter,mine have gone from 3-5 days little pain to 7 bays severe pain and very heavy for at least 4 of them yuck:cry::cry:

at least they are still regular every 28 days

before my first child at 28, I had 5 days long with painful cramping AFs. After having her, it was still about 5 days, but no more cramping at all. After my son at 31, they went down to 4 days and a bit lighter. Since my m/c at 38, it changed dramatically and Af is now about 2 days with one day normal/heavy flow, one light, and sometimes some spotting on day 3, sometimes not.

It did worry me, but my consultant didn't consider it a problem and I've read in many places that it is ok to have a 2 day AF, so now am just grateful for it!

I started my periods when I was 11 and they were so heavy and painful from the start, 7 days long, ultra heavy with extreme pain. I used to faint and be sick. Doctor put me on bcp at 14 to help which eased the flow slightly to help avoid embarrasing moments. I also took prescription medication as nothing over the counter touched the pain.Then in my early 30's they seemed to get a bit lighter and then regular pain killers would help.

In the last 18 months just before I stopped bcp they became very painful again for the day before and the first day and I took ibuprofen 600mg to help but the flow drastically reduced. My periods are normally1.5 to 2 days of very light flow and then a day where I can get away with just a panty liner for spotting.

I was so worried that this was a reason that I was not getting pregnant as I thought that my lining wouldn't be thick enough to hold a pregnancy but the doc has checked and said my lining is fine.

I now accept it and enjoy the fact that they are shorter and just hope I get a BFP soon.

That is an interesting question. To be honest I've always considered myself fairly lucky as I've never experienced really bad cramps or hugely heavy flow. I used to have 5 day periods when I was younger but they tend to be around 3-4 now with a moderate flow and mostly no pain at all, not even warning cramps. My cycles are fairly regular 25/26 days. However I do find that more often than not I O on CD10 - something I have been trying to combat for some time now, managed to get to CD11 this month :yipee: My Luteal Phase is quite long at usually 15-16 days. :flower:

anyway nice to meet all you loverly ladys lots of baby dust x

Mine are quite short at 2-3 days and very light. They have been like that since I came off the pill 2 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->