How long between feeds??

babe2ooo

mum to Jack
Reaction score
Hi.

My little girl is nearly 3months now. She sleeps through the night which is great but in the day she barely goes 1hour between feeds unless she's asleep. She has 2 naps in the day for about 2 hours each. But when she's awake she feeds so much. Is there any way of getting her to go longer or not really??? Before she goes down at night she feeds for a about 2 hours on and off which make her sleep through the night.

Tbh my first reaction was OMG what are you complaining about! But I know that is uncharitable - whatever our situations, we all have our worries about our kids because we care, and we all have those things that drive us nuts because we are human.

However just for comparison, at that age my LO was still below the lowest line on the growth chart so I had to make sure she went no longer than 3hrs between feeds day and night (she preferred 2hrs 40 anyway). Breastfeeding had only just been pain free for 1 week. She had also stopped falling asleep after feeds during the day and WOULD NOT NAP AT ALL (I would spend all day rocking, pushing her in the pram, going for drives etc etc. and we'd get 1 nap every 5 days or so for about 40minutes max:wacko:). She was a wreck and I was a wreck.

Your LO sounds like she knows what she needs to be a happy baby so I'd go with the flow and cross your fingers that she stays this easy to please!:winkwink:

I'd say it's likely she's feeding more in the day because she sleeps through and misses the night feeds.
My lg is 16 weeks and feeds every 2/2.5 hours in the day and every 3 at night so if she missed those nights feeds she would also feed every hour.
It could also be she's increasing your supply to meet what she needs, but if it's been going on since birth id say it's not that. Is it a recent thing?

Yeah that sounds pretty good to me, too. At that age my LO was feeding every hour during the day and every 2 hours through the night. I agree with the PP that she's probably feeding more during the day because she's not getting any milk overnight - or, she's like my LO and is just a very frequent snacker (though if that were the case she probably wouldn't be sleeping through).

I think all you can really do is wait for it to space out in its own time.

She hasn't always slept through the night its only been the last few weeks. She has fed this much in the day from birth really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->