How long can I wait to see my GP

Halle71

Pregnant with number 2!
Reaction score
I am just over six weeks pregnant and wondering if I can leave it a couple of weeks until I see my doctor for the first time?

And when I see my GP is the next appointment with a midwife or is it the 12 week scan?

I keep having to cancel appointments because of work. I'm a freelancer and have only been in my job for 3 weeks so it is extremely difficult to take time off, even a couple of hours. I don't have the same rights as a permanent staff member and even if I did I cannot tell them. Aaaagghhhh. It's so difficult.

Thanks

Hx

you should really see your doctor for blood work to measure your hcg levels to make sure u are the right amount of gestation for your scan. GL x

I've been told by my surgery not to go until I am 10 weeks.

xxxx

I saw my gyn before I became pregnant and asked when I should come in for the first time once I did become pregnant. She told me at 10 weeks, they would do the first exam and we'd get to listen to the baby's heart beat for the first time! Very exciting!! Only thing you need to be doing right now is taking your prenatal vitamins and taking good care of your body (and little bean).

:hug:

in my last pregnancy i had scan at 6 weeks and 7 weeks due to abdo pain, was twins so womb was stretching causing pain. so i always was at hospital or docs. x

I went on the day i found out think that was only because i was a bit shocked and excited lol i was 7 weeks then, all they did was gave pre natal vitamins and took blood pressure and i have my 2nd appointment with midwife on friday and i am 9 weeks now x

Thanks girls.

I'm going to try and keep my appointment tomorrow but if I can't make it I'll go within 2 weeks.

I've been taking folic acid since June, eating relatively healthily (apart from a salt and vinegar crisp addiction that has just reared it's ugly head!) and going to the gym regularly.

Hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->