How long can you leave formula in an open cup?

S

Serene123

As some of you know, I'm offering Caitlyn formula with meals. She can drink out of an open cup, so that's what her formula is in. I'm not using powder, I'm using the liquid stuff. I have been putting about 2oz in at a time and she has been drinking that during her meal.

Just wondering, if I put more than 2oz in and she doesn't drink it, do I get rid of that formula straight after her meal, or can she drink from it over the next half hour? Is there a time limit before you get rid of it?

Again, it's in an open cup, so I'm probably do dispose of whatever is left in the cup straight after her meal, but I thought I'd check.

Thanks.

I'm sure within half an hour is okay. If it got to an hour I'd be inclined to throw it all away.

I'd say an hour tops out in the open, but you can probably put it in the fridge at her age (if you have a lid for the cup I'd think that would be preferable)

I would count it the same as a bottle and use within 1 hour because once she has drunk from the cup some of her saliva will be in the milk and start growing germs.

Thanks girls.. There is a lid I can put on it!

Think I'll leave it for an hour max, just incase x

Once opened and not refrigerated ....an hour maximum

2 hours wendino??? I am paranoid and toss it when she is done which results in lots of wasted formula...

2 hours wendino??? I am paranoid and toss it when she is done which results in lots of wasted formula...

I always do, and its always been fine.
I know it says one hour....but in a few of my baby books it said 2 hours?
:blush:

I've always done 2 hours too, never had any problems.
Colton used to waste alot, so I started putting what he didn't drink in the fridge as soon as he stopped eating, but then he would want it like 30min later; so I just started leaving him to it. Normally he finishes it within two hours.

With aptamil powder it says throw away if not drank within 2 hours. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->