How long did it take to get a positive test?

lenag

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this site and forum stuff, so hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

I am now about 22 days late for my period (I have irregular cycles, but I generally get them within two or three days of my expected start date). I have taken numerous tests all negative. I was told it still could be too early to test positive and have also heard of others who didn't get their positive until around 8 or 10 weeks along. I have been having cramps for about a week and a half, not as bad as period cramps. Also severe heartburn, headaches, dizzy spells, nausea and frequent urination. Bf's mom started telling me weeks ago I was pregnant and I didn't believe her!

Anyway, have any of you ladies had anything similar?

Thanks!

With my first bfp I was about 1-2 wks past when I should have started my period, it probably would have shown up had I tested earlier though ( I have pcos so I'm used to having irregular cycles so didn't think anything of it) with my second I tested positive on day af was due. I will say that with my pcos and irregular cycles I often had what I thought were pregnancy symptoms but always had a bfn so just because you feel symptoms doesn't mean you are pregnant. I hope you figure out whats going on soon and I hope its the answer you want.

I have irregular cycles too, sometimes my period would come a week early or a week late from the predicted start date. After a couple of weeks late from my last supposed-to-be period, I took a pregnancy test but got a negative.
A couple more weeks went by when I started spotting and I thought my period had finally come. But it was noticeably lighter than my usual flow and after 2 days the bleeding still wasn't enough to fill a pad or tampon. So I took another test and this time I had a positive. I took a couple more- all positives. I am now 6 weeks along.

I also had some of the symptoms you're experiencing, like the cramping with the headaches, nausea, and fatigue- all before I even knew I was pregnant.

So my advice would be to keep testing and see if you get a positive result. If in a couple weeks you're still getting a negative result but haven't gotten your period either, I'd schedule a Dr. visit for a blood test.
Best of luck, hope you get the outcome you want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->