How long did it take you to get your GTT results?

kimbob89

Reaction score
Hello, I'm sure this has been asked so many times before but I'm really freaking out. I had a glucose tolerance test with my GP yesterday morning, I later went to hospital and had my blood pressure done, urine tested etc etc and there was no sugar in my urine at that point (around 330pm and had my glucose test at 8.15am). In between I had a tuna sarnie on white bread, crisps and chocolate (I know really bad but after drinking that Lucozade I felt I needed more sugar for some reason). So I was happy I didnt have anything in my wee.

Fast forward to this morning, I saw the midwife to do all the same tests I had done yesterday :growlmad: and she said ''its a good job you had a GTT because your wee is full of sugar''. I was really upset. I'd had cheerios with skimmed milk for breakfast and a cup of tea with one sugar in. I did my wee sample about ummm half hour later I'd say...and I really struggled to get any wee to collect.

I'm so scared I have GD, I probably do because I dont eat as well as I should I love carbs too much for my own good. I rang the GP straight after seeing midwife and she said results would be in by the end of the week. How long did it take for yours to come in, positive and negative? I just want to know I hate waiting and stressing!

Hi

I had my test on a Wed and was told they'd only notify me if it was positive for GD. So when I had heard nothing by the Friday evening I thought I was in the clear. Turns out they posted me a letter which I didn't get until a full week after the test (because of bank holidays) which said I was positive - pretty crappy way to find out! I was eating normally (which means including sugar every day) over the Easter break without knowing I had GD. Was quite disappointed they didn't call me as the results were apparently in the day after the test.
I'd advise try not to eat sugar for the next few days and give them a ring by Friday if you've heard nothing.

Hi

I had my test on a Wed and was told they'd only notify me if it was positive for GD. So when I had heard nothing by the Friday evening I thought I was in the clear. Turns out they posted me a letter which I didn't get until a full week after the test (because of bank holidays) which said I was positive - pretty crappy way to find out! I was eating normally (which means including sugar every day) over the Easter break without knowing I had GD. Was quite disappointed they didn't call me as the results were apparently in the day after the test.
I'd advise try not to eat sugar for the next few days and give them a ring by Friday if you've heard nothing.

thanks very much for replying. I still haven't heard anything yet I'm hoping no news would be good news but doesn't always seem to be the case then!!! Its driving me mad waiting. I've been cutting down and trying to eat healthily anyway.

Edit. I've just rang gp surgery and they haven't got my results yet And they'll ring me if there's a prob not send a letter.

Fingers crossed that you find out soon and that it's negative. But obv you can cope if you do have it. The waiting is hard :(

I found out the next day I was positive. Regarding your urine result the Cheerios will be to blame. Cereal is awful for sugar levels even the 'healthy' ones are high carb, high sugar.

I found out the next day I was positive. Regarding your urine result the Cheerios will be to blame. Cereal is awful for sugar levels even the 'healthy' ones are high carb, high sugar.

I said to the midwife I had Cheerios and sugary tea and she basically implied I'll likely test positive anyway. I've stopped having cereal now it doesn't seem like there's many healthy cereals to have. Wow you got your results quickly did you have your test at hospital?

It was gone at the sure start centre by the community midwife. Had my test at 9am and found out the next afternoon think I was just lucky and the tests we're bring processed quick.

Just looked up Cheerios and 28g serving (3/4 cup) has 12g sugar so they are pretty high and it's refined sugar do harder for your body to break down .

It was gone at the sure start centre by the community midwife. Had my test at 9am and found out the next afternoon think I was just lucky and the tests we're bring processed quick.

Just looked up Cheerios and 28g serving (3/4 cup) has 12g sugar so they are pretty high and it's refined sugar do harder for your body to break down .

Gosh that's a lot of sugar. I bet I had a bigger portion than 28g as well. Fingers crossed it was just that. I'm having one slice of wholemeal toast with two boiled eggs for breakfast hope that's a bit better!

I had my test on the Monday morning and they called me the tues afternoon to say I'd failed. Very quick for me. Oh and although I have GD I've never had sugar show in my urine! X

Thanks linny. I still haven't heard anything from GP surgery. Hopefully that's a good sign?

I'm so annoyed! I've just rang to see if my results are in yet and they're not. I could be walking around for nearly two weeks now with GD and not know it. The woman blamed the fact it was a bank holiday Monday lol. I've been cutting back a bit but probably not being as strict as I probably would have to be. Agh vent sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->