How long did it take you to lose the baby weight?

A

Always&4ever

I went to BnQ and was shocked when a man talking to what I think was his daughter looked at me and said to the girl, "thats what happens when you eat too many sweets" it really upset me, and I hate the thought of eating now incase others think the same, I suffered with bulimia a few years ago and don't want to start making myself sick again, Rich took me out last night for a meal and when my meal came, I got upset and couldn't eat anything incase people were looking at me. I now weigh 9 and a half stone, pre pregnancy I was 9 and went up to 13 in my pregnancy, I try to eat healthily but the thought of food now makes me cringe :(

:hugs: I have no idea how long it takes (probably varies from woman to woman) but you can't let what that man said (so insensitively to that woman) pull you back into bulimia. Good luck. Personally if it were me I would consider talking to a health care professional about my feelings and worries :hugs:

Thanks, I just hate the thought that people might see me like that, my hubby said that I look great but I keep thinking he is only saying that because he has to

With my first pregnancy, I gained 45 lbs. and I had a lot of water retention towards the end and after the birth. I lost 33 lbs. in 3 weeks and the rest about 3 weeks later.

I know with my son I lost most of it three weeks later but the rest hung on for a bit longer than my first. I would say by two months I had lost it all.

Breastfeeding helps tremendously. I never exercised at all.

Well, Simon turned 7 months yesterday and I must admit I still have 10 pounds to lose. What makes me sad is I wish I could exercise and eat better, but OH is building our house and working his day job leaving me home alone with lots to do. I get monday night for my aerobics class but it's not enough. I want to go outside and walk more, but we've had 4 meters of snow since december which makes it difficult to do!!! I can't wait for spring!!!

Aw what a rude thing to say, bet he was no oil painting! i would have been fuming.

Your not exactly huge are you at 9 and a half stone! i think you've done really well to get back to nearly your pre-pregnancy weight. Everyones different, some people it drops off and others it can take years. My friend who recently had a baby has got back down to her pre-preg weight in about 2 months but she said her shape is totally different now. Bigger boobs and hips, guess that comes with motherhood.

Thanks girls, I guess i'l lose what I need to eventually, just wish it could be soon

if you weigh 9 stone i dont think u have much to worry about! ur probably just paranoid because of your past. bloody hell u had ur baby not even 5 weeks ago im the same i had my LO the same time as u and im still saggy in places and my arse and legs look double what they used to be even when i was pregnant and i sit n think i havent even got much time to eat becaus eof running round after LO so god knows where its coming from! xxx

with Joshy it took me 4 months to loose 4 stone but i didn't do it properly and to be honest i felt like shit! I am taking it easier this time but have a wopping 6 stone to lose! <<< ate ALL THE PIES, cake and sweets. I have started smoking again though.....

You have lost nearly 4 stone from preggers weight anyhoo if you went to 13!! your doing boody well!

i was 13 pre preggers I went up to 19st whilst preggers and now 18stone something so you are doing a hell of alot better than me!!!

Plus i bet the guy in BnQ had a tiny tiny penis.

Plus i bet the guy in BnQ had a tiny tiny penis.

:rofl::rofl:

I left hospital at my pre-pregnancy weight with Kayleigh (but I was young then). With Charlie, he's 18 months old (February has screwed up the ticker, so it's wrong!), and as you can see from my other ticker, I've still got loads to lose. Just shows it all depends on the pregnancy.

Don't you worry about what that nasty little man said hun, you're doing great to lose so much so quickly.:hugs:

:hugs: ignore guy in BnQ, he sounds an arse, listen to hubby he is the one who counts... and i agree with everyone else hun, u done amazing to get down to the weight you are in the time you have had jasmine, please dont be upset, we have all seen your pics and your so very pretty with a handsome hubby and georgous baby. like snuggle says, twit in BnQ prob has dick the size of a peanut lol XXX

I'd probably have walked over to the little girl and said (pointing at the man) "and that's what happens when you are ignorant"

I don't think I'll ever see 9st again. You should be proud of yourself hun :hugs:
Just remember that bulima is not control over your weight - control is actually eating a well balanced and healthy diet to maintain a healthy shape (not weight, because muscle weighs more than fat anyway).

Note I didn't say I was in control, I am most definitely NOT a healthy shape these days. Pre-first-pregnancy I was about 7.5/8st and now I'm around 14.5/15st which is not good for my height at all. I can't say I've ever really lost all my baby weight.

:hugs: Don't let peoples comments get you down. My friend went out to a club about 3 months after she had her little girl and someone looked at her and asked her "whens it due". I think tonning up is going to be as much of a problem for me as losing any extra weight I've gained.

If your 9st now dont think you've got anything to worry about, i went from 9st 7lbs to 14st when pregnant with callum, im 11st 2lbs now so still got a way to go. Everyone differs

9st go you I wish I was that. I still a moose a look 6 months pregnant so you havent got a worry in the world.

well my son is 2 in august an im still losing the weight ;)

if you weigh 9 stone i dont think u have much to worry about! ur probably just paranoid because of your past. bloody hell u had ur baby not even 5 weeks ago im the same i had my LO the same time as u and im still saggy in places and my arse and legs look double what they used to be even when i was pregnant and i sit n think i havent even got much time to eat becaus eof running round after LO so god knows where its coming from! xxx

i have to agree with jenny here --- i too just had mine a lil short of 5 weeks and i gained about 46 lbs last time i saw the doc and at my two week check up i had lost about 20 lbs (i had tons of water retention) and then today when i checked it at the docs i gained back 2lbs--- but even that hasnt taken away my motivation to do something about that extra weight-besides doc told me to wait until 6 week checkup to start working out---

and besides you have done really really good just getting back to almost your pre-pregnancy weight--- i still have about another 25 lbs to go ----you're doing great---be proud of yourself for how far you've gone --- and besides your almost out of the 6 weeks postnatal--- and then you can work with what you have left to lose--

:hugs: Don't let peoples comments get you down. My friend went out to a club about 3 months after she had her little girl and someone looked at her and asked her "whens it due". I think tonning up is going to be as much of a problem for me as losing any extra weight I've gained.

i agree--- i still look like i'm two or three months along and the first week or two after he was born i seriously looked like i was still five months along---

What an insensitive twat, and I agree he must have a microscopic penis lol!

I was about 9 stones 10 pre pregnancy and went up to way over 13 stones.. Bethanie is almost 15 months and only now am I back to 11 stones something. I have a long way to go and look how great you are doing in such a small amount of time!! ignore him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->