How long did you push for?

1/2 hour.....my contractions were 3 min a part....so only 12 pushes and hes out.....

6 hours and needed spinal block and ventouse in the end!

10 minutes and 3 pushes. I had forceps first time round due to featal distress, so ws shocked she was out so quick second time around. I was leaning over the bed head so I should give gravity some credit too ha ha. X

All these stories are making me feel SO much better. Thank you :) I know every labour is different but its so relieving to hear women say their first baby was difficult but subsequent babies flew out! Gives me hope that my next labour wont be so traumatic. x x x

20mins on all fours ;) i was on my feet though not my knees, like a wolf doing a poo ;)

all the girls i know who had epidurals so they didnt feel the last bits of labour ended up pushing for hours and hours because they had to be on their back... many needed forceps

I really think, when they administer and epidural they should be more clear about the risks, it must be SO tempting when you have been in pain and you are knackered but just coping for a it a bit more means you can actually push your baby out in a comfortable NATURAL position, and i think in the end you are less knackered x

Less than 10 minutes, I remember screaming as loud as I could on the first push (so wasnt ready for that feeling), then the nurse told me to shut up and push, and whalaa baby came flying out!

Hm i thought i replied to this thread but i cant find my post. I did 3 pushes and DD was out. It was so quick! No more than 2-3 mins. Im hoping this baby is just as easy to push out.

1st - Midwife was screaming at me to push for about 3 hours, turns out I wasn't even fully dilated, once I was, they popped my waters and I had another hour of pushing to do befire he was born.. mostly down to me being sooo exhausted after 3 hours of pushing for nothing! lol

2nd - was about 20 minutes I think, was a long time ago!

3rd - no pushing, infact I was desperately trying to hold him in while we rushed through speed cameras and red lights to get to hospital. Born 20 minutes after first contraction.

4th - no pushing, 15 minute labour using breathing to let the contractions push her out naturally.

wow! 20 minutes after 1st contraction and then baby fell out! Labour of dreams! I shall aspire to have this labour next lol

I pushed for almost 4 hours and I needed one pull of the vacuum. Ended up that my son was facing my right hip with his hand on his cheek... Didn't get an epidural although I was tempted! This was my first

I was pushing for 3 hours...DD crowning the whole time =/ Think it was mostly to do with epidural, but I had been in labour for 40 hours at that point (hadn't been able to keep food down and then wasn't allowed to eat when we transferred to hospital :dohh:) so my muscles were pretty worn out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->