How long did you push for?

2 hours of pushing and then they did episiotomy (thank god). I was only in active labour for just over an hour but then I could just not push him out! I was knackered by the end of the two hours and just wished they would have done the episiotomy earlier. My midwife wanted me to do it without but I was so relieved when they did cut me. I don't think they should let you go for longer than 1-1.5hrs.

I hour 40 mins before they realised he was back to back and stuck. Was absolutely exhausted, despite all the problems afterwards, I'm so glad I had forceps delivery.

I was pushing for about 2hours too, then they realised she was stuck and I was whisked off to theatre and ended up with emcs.

Half an hour. I don't know if the 2 cups of raspberry leaf tea a day helped that or not!

About 45 mins with my first. And I was holding back a bit because I was scared of tearing. I don't remember having an unbearable urge to push though.

Holy old thread batman...I pushed for an hour :)

I was pushing for 50 mins.

My sister was only pushing for 30 seconds. He came out the first push, it took her 43 hours to get to the pushing stage tho lol

Didn't get to the pushing stage. Had Emergency Forceps! Was numb from the boobs down so didn't feel like I was helping when they took me to theatre.. He was out in 5 minutes though.

My first labour was 4 hours and took 2 or 3 pushes before he was out. My second labour was only noted at 1 hour and 20 mins and he took about 4 pushes to come out. Both pushing stages felt really quick! With both I had gas and air and diamorphine. xxx

About 45 mins with my first. And I was holding back a bit because I was scared of tearing. I don't remember having an unbearable urge to push though.

I was holding back because I was scared to poop lol!! After I stopped worrying she came right out:) 36min

2 pushes, active labour down as 4 min, taken from my waters breaking.

I hadn't been told to push, but remember thinking I hadn't been told not to, so did it anyway. The midwivees weren't even looking and were apparently getting protectve clothes on, so she landed on the bed! (lucky as I'd been standing beside the bed until a couple of minutes before).

Not bad for a VBAC

25 minutes with my first and only a couple minutes with my second. I had short labour/births though! x

57 minutes. I'd been in labour for 4 days and was knackered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->