How long did your false labor last before the real thing started?

mamawolf

Reaction score
I've been getting false labor pains for an entire week now. How long did yours go on before you really went into labor?

Week and half here and still the same :(

I just had a few really strong contractions and had some cramping this morning and now I feel normal! Arghhhh

5 weeks exactly! Contractions started bang on 36 weeks, dilated to 3cm then just stayed the same until she was born at 41 weeks.

5 weeks exactly! Contractions started bang on 36 weeks, dilated to 3cm then just stayed the same until she was born at 41 weeks.

Oh my gosh :cry:

I am going insane. These contractions go from ok to uncomfortable and nearly painful. Then the baby head is currently so low I have to pee every fifteen to twenty minutes and the dr is like drink more, how!! I hate living in the bathroom. Plus the head must be on my intestines or bowels as I've had diarrhea for days. I'm sure the contractions help with that too.

Knowing I am on the cusp of active labor is draining. I just hope I have energy to make it through when it finally finishes up. This is ridiculous :(

I'm right there with you Lirpa11. I'm so emotionally drained at this point. I keep hoping my water will break in the middle of the night. Some of these contractions are really painful but they won't become regular!

Hey mamawolf, just wondering how you are today! Any changes or progression? Same for me, it's morning here in Georgia and I've got contractions, had some plug this morning, but nothing new. Hmph

Same irregular, sometimes quite painful contractions :/ I go back to the doctor friday. If I haven't gone into real labor by then I at least hope I've made a lot of progress in dilation and effacement

Same irregular, sometimes quite painful contractions :/ I go back to the doctor friday. If I haven't gone into real labor by then I at least hope I've made a lot of progress in dilation and effacement

Same here, I have another appointment Friday morning around 10am. both a dr and nurse said they don't expect me to come.... Looks like I'll be there though! :wacko:

Someone in my family mentioned C section if things never start moving again,,or if they did a sweep and it didn't work. While ill do whatever to get this baby out healthy, I sure hope it hasn't all stalled and I have to do that. I was wanting to go natural as much as possible...

I think it wouldn't be so bad except everyone has been saying for months that I'm going to go early so without really realizing it, I expected to go by now it at least this week. It's making the wait harder because I feel like I should have been in labor by now even though I'm only 38 weeks

Aww that does make it harder!

I had focused my energy on being a week late at least since this our first. I figured all the pregnancy was good n healthy, and at 36 nothing was happening so I figured I'd bank on 2nd week of September.... Then last week the doc told me I was making tons of progress quickly!! Now I am extremely impatient :(

That sucks :/ my first came at 39 weeks so I figured if this one was going to be early it would be 38

Maybe the show will get on the road soon!

I know I loved yesterday's date for a birthday, 8-18 lol :haha: but baby thought otherwise!

Here's to hoping we both go into labor today!

False labour for 2 weeks now and still no improvement. Seeing a consultant Friday as they may induce me as she's getting very big and I'm in agony x

I'm sorry ella! I'm so uncomfortable at this point

No progress at my appointment today :/ still a fingertip dilated and 50% effaced. So all these contractions this past week didn't do anything :(

I thought I was in early labor at 31 weeks and went to the hospital. They checked me and let me know I was contracting more often than normal. they weren't worried so I was sent home. by 37 weeks I was dilated to 3cm. My doc thought I was going to deliver in 3-4 days. I was stoked! By 39 weeks, I went into early labor. Strong contractions. Went to hospital and was dilated to 4. Stayed for the the night hoping to go into active labor. Went home the next morning. 39 weeks, 6 days, my labor was augmented and my daughter was born 7 minutes before my due date

My body kept playing tricks on me!

2 and a half weeks of false labor and still no baby :(

Hey ladies I feel you pain :-( a week now I been losing plug blood was having contractions nothing ever got regular I had little pains today again hoping for it to get regular I know I am only 37 n 4 but the pain I'm experiencing in my back is horrible and I am just over being pregnant huge n tired a week ago at my last appt I was 1.5 cm 50-60% effaced and he was stationed at -2 I go back to the doc tomorrow I'm hoping for a lot of progression

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->