How long did your first period after giving birth last for?

S

Sparkledust09

Hi ladies, I finally got my first period 10 weeks after giving birth. Its almost 3 weeks later and its still going strong. Did anyone elses first AF after childbirth last this long? I went back on the pill on the first day of my period which I assumed would stop it but no. It will be time for my week's break from the pill in two days as well but I haven't actually stopped bleeding yet! How long did your first period last? I have to admit I am getting a little worried. Thanks in advance ladies xxx

I've just had my first period, bang on 4 weeks post pregnancy. It's lasted 5 days in total and now I'm back to normal discharge. HTH.

Mine lasted for about 2 weeks and then started again after a week! I was back on the pill too but it didn't seem to stop it- back to normal now after 2 months- they say it takes a while for things to get back to normal, I suppose it stands to reason things would be a bit out of kilter after almost ten months without periods...x

hiya mine was exactly the same as your - came on 11 weeks after the boys were born back on the pill - bled straight through that pack and the break (was a bit worried but gp said its ok) then back on the second pack and all fine from there - the boys will be seven months on saturday and all has been normal since - hth xx

mine lasted 2 and 1/2 days, at 12 weeks pp

I had mine 4 weeks after labour and it lasted about 7 days which is long for me ,usually bout 3-4days.x

mine came back after 16 weeks and lasted for 11 days which is longer than usual for me. Since then they are now at least 9-10 days long which is unusual for me. usually lasts 5-6 days??!!

i started mine on the 16th june.. still going..and really heavy, i was just thinking about making a docs appt for later today, its been over a month now!

Thanks ladies. Seems there is a massive variation but there are some ladies just like me with an everlasting period! I have a doctor's appointment next week so i'll check then :flower: xxx

i had my first period around 6 weeks after giving birth...lasted about 4 days but very light.....its now 6 weeks later and waiting for my second...i guess they take a while to get back into the monthly flow?? (Got a feeling, judging by what ive heard about other ladies heavy periods, this next one could be a whopper!) x

I was prepared for a whopper. 13 weeks PP I got my period. it was really light and lasted 3-4 days

6 weeks later I've got my second period and was expecting it to be a whopper, but again it's light and lasted 4-5 days

Got it after giving up BF at 11 months. Only had one so far but it was normal. I expect it depends on how close to birth it starts. How has your PMT been?

Mine is exactly the same as you im almost about to start on the second pack on pills and my period is still going it will be about 4 weeks since it started my daughter is almost 2 months and yea i have ro admit im a lil worried that my period
is still going im a first time mum and had no idea what to expect!! But i have seen that another lady has had the same and her gp said its ok so a lil less stressed now.

UM....idk :shrug:
still haven't had one yet and i'm almost 3 mos. postpartum.

hi,, im ghenie,, 19 years old,, my baby boy was born on oct.2,2011.. then i had my menstruation i think first week of january 2012,, and until now still got blood stains.. is this normal almost 2 months?

I got my period right away and so far its been 4 weeks my doc said it can last up to 6 weeks:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->